In this guide we will walk through a guide to Change Fonts in Android Without Root: In most of the cases, the default font on your Android smartphone is great looking. It looks good, pleasant and is usually of the right choice for comfort. But, some users want to make the device look unique or they may not like default font style. As we all know about Android is that it is a greatly customizable smartphone operating system; it allows you to customize almost anything in the device which includes font changing is one of them.
Android is all about customization.Customizing Android is something every android user likes and this what makes Android unique from the rest of the mobile OS.Fonts pays a very pivotal role in Android’s UI and many users don’t like the stock Android fonts and want to change the default fonts on Android but they don’t know “how o Change Fonts in Android Without Root”.If you are one of them then don’t worry we have got you covered.
However, customizing an Android device need some technical knowledge.In this article, we will guide you how to change fonts on Android without Root. However, we will also discuss some of the great rmethods to change fonts with root access.
You May Like:
- How to Get Pixel 2 Like Calendar and Weather Widget on Any Device
- How To Install Gravity Box Xposed Module on Android Nougat
Different Ways To Change Fonts in Android Without Root (2017 Edition)
#1. Launchers are the best solution
Installing launchers is the best non-root way to change fonts on your Android smartphone. Here is one of the best custom launcher which provides the easiest way to change the font styles.
- Copy the TTF font files to the device.
- Open the GO Launcher.
- Open the Tools app
- Click on the Preferences icon.
- Scroll down and select Personalization.
- Click on Font.
- Click Select Font and click on the font which you want to use.
The iFonts app also used for changing fonts on android devices. But the only issue with this iFonts app is it used to work only on Samsung devices. But the developer made compatible with Xiaomi, Huawei, and Meizu devices. This also works on HTC, Motorola and Sony rooted devices.
- Open the iFont and go to the Online tab.
- Click on a font name which you want to install.
- Click the Download button.
- Click the Set button. or go to Settings –> Display –> Font Style. The newly installed font will appear on the list.
- Click on the new font to use the font as the system font.
- The font will be applied immediately. No reboot required.
You can also copy TTF files from your PC to /sdcard/ifont/custom directory, the copied fonts will appear on the custom tab in iFonts app. (This method will only work on rooted devices.
If you are the Samsung device user better ignore this app. This app can quickly search, select and preview all fonts instantly of a whole load of different fonts but Samsung blocked that on many of its devices. Non-Samsung users have no problem in using this app. All you need to is select the font and then click on install button, the font will be downloaded and get activated.
- Open the application.
- You can search for any font style or you can select one from the list.
- Select the font, see the preview and click on the ‘+’ to install.
#4 System Settings
Many of the smartphones come with the bunch of new fonts. You can chance the fonts with just few clicks.
Open Settings –> Device –> Fonts –> Font Style. (Below Android 4.3)
Open Settings –> My Devices –> Display –> Font Style.
Most of the Samsung devices have this feature.
What’s your favorite font? Let us know in the comments below!