The Voice over LTE (VoLTE) and Voice over Wi-Fi (VoWiFi) features have become popular in recent years which allows users to have a rich audio calling experience. The VoLTE feature gives superior call quality by transferring as much as 3 times more data than 3G and up to 6 times more than 2G. It allows the phone to have high-quality calls, better connectivity, better battery life.
One of the most important features of VoLTE is that the user can use internet and do voice calling simultaneously, as the network does not switch to 2G/3G. The VoWiFi on the other hand sends the data packets over a Wi-Fi connection. One of the most important features of VoWiFi is that it provides excellent indoor coverage. It even works where the phone gets no network coverage.
A majority of the devices nowadays support VoWiFi and VoLTE features, and the OnePlus phones too. But, most of its phones ship with these features as disabled including the OnePlus 9 and 9 Pro. Fortunately, these can be enabled by tweaking several system configurations. In this guide, we will know how to enable VoLTE and VoWiFi on OnePlus 9 and 9 Pro.
Steps to Enable VoLTE and VoWiFi on OnePlus 9 and 9 Pro
This method does not require rooting but requires ADB installed on your computer to run several commands. So, make sure to install it before going into the steps.
- Download the OnePlus Log Kit Apk
- You might need to enable installation from unknown sources if the message prompts on the phone screen
- Now, open the Phone app and dial *#800# and select Engineering Mode
- The OnePlusLogKit screen should have opened
- Scroll down and check the “VoLTE switch” and Vowifi switch” options
- Reboot your phone
- Now, Go to Settings > Wi-Fi & internet > SIM & network and enable VoLTE and VoWiFi
- Open Phone app again and dial *#801# and select Engineering Mode
- Turn on the “Full-port switch” option
- Turn on USB debugging on your phone. You can go to developer settings to enable it
- Now, connect your phone to your PC using a USB cable
- Open command prompt (cmd) in ADB folder and run the following command to reboot into Field Test Mode
adb reboot ftm
- Now, enter the following command to enable debugging interfaces
adb shell setprop sys.usb.config diag,diag_mdm,qdss,qdss_mdm,serial_cdev,dpl,rmnet,adb
- If Windows is unable to identify interfaces, then install required drivers using this link
- Download PDC (made by Qualcomm) using this link and open it
- select sub0 and sub1 profiles and activate it
- Close PDC
- Run the following command to reboot the phone
- Enjoy VoLTE and VoWiFi on your OnePlus 9 or 9 Pro.
We hope this guide would have help you. Visit our How-To section to read more interesting contents.
Rootmygalaxy a.k.a RMG was started in 2015 with a solo goal of Helping users with easy How-to guides. Slowly the website started sharing exclusive Leaks and Tech News. In these 5 years, we have been credited by the likes of Forbes, CNBC, Gizmodo, TechCrunch, Engadget, Android Authority, GSM Arena and many others. Want to know more about us? Check out our About Us page or connect with us Via Twitter, Facebook, Youtube or Telegram.