Learn How To Install Android 7.1 On OnePlus 3 via Unofficial CM14.1: The OnePlus 3 has been a huge success in terms of sales this year, and after the pretty bad impression of last year’s model, the OnePlus 3 is now also well-known in the community. While OnePlus is taking forever to release Android 7.0 Nougat to their flagship device, people using the OnePlus 3 are satisfied with the pretty feature-vicious OxygenOS 3.0.
The developers, however, just couldn’t wait any longer, and within weeks on Android 7.0’s worldwide debut, many ROMs have started to surface online. This time around, we have a stable Android 7.1 ROM for the OnePlus 3, based off of CyanogenMod 14.1. While this is unofficial, it is far much better that what OnePlus’ OxygenOS has to offer.
In this quick guide, we will be having a look on how to install Android 7.1 on OnePlus 3 via unofficial CM14.1 (CyanogenMod 14.1). Note that you also need quite a few downloads and pre-requisites before you begin.
NFC (Partially working, NO android Pay)
Google Play application installing
Button backlight control
USB OTG Support
Power Menu customisations
What’s not working or general bugs:
Echo in calls (only reported by a select few users)
Video/Calls in facebook messenger
Live Display keeps on reverting back if you select Photo Display Mode. (fixed in flo071 builds)
RGB values do not do anything
In call volume slider does not work
Battery icons cannot be changed (completely fixed in flo071 builds)
Cyanogenmod Weather not working
How To Install Android 7.1 On OnePlus 3
- Make sure your OnePlus 3 is rooted, and has a custom recovery like TWRP installed, which we highly prefer for this guide.
- You need to download the ROM file, as well as the GApps file. Visit this xda thread to download the latest ROM file and GApps as well.
- You need to backup all your important data, since we will be factory resetting everything.
- Lastly, make sure your battery is at least above 50% to avoid any shut downs in the procedure.
- Download the ROM file as well as the GApps file from the above link, and transfer it onto your OnePlus 3 using the provided OEM cable.
- Power Down your device, and enter into the Recovery Mode.
- Navigate to ‘Wipe‘, and then swipe to confirm factory reset.
- Next up, Navigate to ‘Install‘, and select the ROM zip file you’ve downloaded and transferred, and then swipe to confirm the flash. The process might take a lot of time, so grab your coffee while you’re at it.
- Once done flashing the ROM, flash the GApps [icon name=”hand-o-right” class=”” unprefixed_class=””] Download & Install Gapps For CM14 ROMs
- Reboot your OnePlus 3 now.
- The first boot might take a solid 5 minutes, so don’t panic.
Voila! Enjoy your newly flashed OnePlus 3! You have finally learnt How To Install Android 7.1 On OnePlus 3 without any issues! If you still have any queries, refer us in the comments section down below.
Rootmygalaxy a.k.a RMG was started in 2015 with a solo goal of Helping users with easy How-to guides. Slowly the website started sharing exclusive Leaks and Tech News. In these 5 years, we have been credited by the likes of Forbes, CNBC, Gizmodo, TechCrunch, Engadget, Android Authority, GSM Arena and many others. Want to know more about us? Check out our About Us page or connect with us Via Twitter, Facebook, Youtube or Telegram.