In this guide, you will learn How to Download and Install Official CM 14.1 on Nexus 6 (Android 7.1 / CyanogenMod 14.1): The Motorola made Nexus 6 was definitely one of the most anticipated devices of 2014, and it rocked the stages for the better part of 2016, until its successor, the Nexus 6P rolled in. However, many people still complaint that the Nexus 6 wasn’t really the best smartphone out, thanks to its awkward build and bad camera. This, however didn’t mean that the device was any slower than the competition.
However, as we know, not ever smartphone OEM is perfect. The only bad thing with the now-dead Nexus lineup is the simplicity in their software. While you might say that they run Android 7.1 Nougat, which is the latest version out right now, it is no denying to the fact that Google’s stock Android has always been too boring, without any new exciting features to spice things up. Well, the Nexus 6 suffers from just that!
Supported Devices: This guide is only for the Nexus 6. Flashing it on any other device of other model will brick it.
RootMyGalaxy.net is not responsible for any hardware/software issues that occur to your device(s) by following this guide. We are certain that the following guide is carefully written, avoiding any mistakes on our side. If you are unsure of the causalities that may occur if the procedure goes wrong, then please don’t proceed.
- This guide is for the Nexus 6 only.
- A complete nandroid backup of your device is recommended, in case something goes wrong.Guide How To Create & Restore Nandroid Backup On Android Devices
- Make sure your device is charged at least upto 60%, to prevent unexpected shutdowns in the process.
- Before you begin with the tutorial, make sure that ‘USB Debugging‘ is enabled from Settings > Developer Options.
CyanogenMod 14.1 For Nexus 6→ Download Link
└download the latest built according to date
HOW TO DOWNLOAD AND INSTALL OFFICIAL CM 14.1 ON NEXUS 6 (Android 7.1)
- Download the CM 14.1 ROM file as well as the GApps file, and transfer it onto your Nexus 6 using your data cable.
- Reboot your Nexus 6 into the recovery mode. Guide How To to Boot Into Recovery Mode On Android (Various Ways)
- Now, follow this in-depth guide to Flash Official CM 14.1 on Nexus 6 How to Install CM14 (CyanogenMod 14) Via Custom Recovery
- Once done, follow this definite guide to flash GApps Download & Install Gapps For CM14 / CM14.1 ROMs
- Return back to the TWRP menu, and reboot your device.
Good going! You’ve now learnt How to Download and Install Official CM 14.1 on Nexus 6. If you have any queries, feel free to hit us down in the comments section below. Also, we would love to hear what’s your favorite feature in the newest build on CyanogenMod 14.1 built off of Android 7.1 Nougat!