Download and Install Android Oreo 8.0 AOSP ROM On Asus Zenfone 5: Ever since the official launch of Android Oreo 8.0, the latest version of Android for the Google Pixel and Nexus devices, the developers around the world are trying hard to develop custom ROMs based out of it. The latest phone to receive a custom ROM based on Android Oreo 8.0 is the Asus Zenfone 5 which was launched 3 years ago. Initially, the phone was released with Android Jelly bean and it is quite fascinating that it has now released the Android Oreo update.
With the latest version of Android Oreo 8.0, the users of Asus Zenfone 5 could get their hands on a lot of interesting features that are currently exclusive to Android Oreo. Some of these features include a picture in picture mode, notification badges for app icons and a lot of background improvements and optimizations. Google has also claimed that this is the safest and the fastest version of the Android operating system they have ever created.
The Android Oreo 8.0 ROM released for the Asus Zenfone 5 is based on AOSP and it is currently in the initial Alpha stages. The developer has stated that currently the WiFi and the Bluetooth are the two things that are working without any issues in this Alpha build. Other features like the sensors, radio, audio and media are not working as of now. So, this ROM is not ideal for daily usage but you can try this out to get the taste of Oreo by following the below guide.
RootMyGalaxy.net is not responsible for any damage happened to your device(s) while following this guide, Proceed at your own risk.
Download and Install Android Oreo 8.0 AOSP ROM On Asus Zenfone 5
- First, download the files from the above links.
- Now transfer the downloaded files to the internal storage of your device.
- Now Follow the below guide to unlock the bootloader of your Asus Zenfone 5
- Now install the TWRP recovery by following this guide
- Now reboot to the TWRP recovery by holding your power and volume down buttons together for a few seconds.
- Now take a backup by selecting the option from the home screen and then your data and cache from the recovery menu.
- Now select install and then browse for the downloaded ROM file and then select it.After flashing the ROM, flash the GApps pack
- Once the flashing process is completed, reboot your phone and you will be booted into Android Oreo 8.0.
You can also flash the ROM from the fastboot menu by following the below steps:
- First Install the ADB and fastboot drivers on your PC
- Download the ROM file from the download section and extract it to the ADB & Fastboot folder
- Now go to the ADB & fastboot folder and open the command window
- To open command window from ADB folder, press and hold Shift key and right-click on an empty space
- Reboot your device into bootloader mode by pressing and holding Power + Volume Down button
- Now connect your Asus Zenfone 5 to your PC and execute the following commands one by one.
fastboot erase userdata fastboot erase cache fastboot flash system system.img fastboot flash boot boot.img fastboot reboot
- That’s it. You have successfully installed Android Oreo 8.0 AOSP ROM on your Asus Zenfone 5. Your device will now reboot to Android Oreo 8.0.
If you have any doubts regarding this process, feel free to comment below.
Rootmygalaxy a.k.a RMG was started in 2015 with a solo goal of Helping users with easy How-to guides. Slowly the website started sharing exclusive Leaks and Tech News. In these 5 years, we have been credited by the likes of Forbes, CNBC, Gizmodo, TechCrunch, Engadget, Android Authority, GSM Arena and many others. Want to know more about us? Check out our About Us page or connect with us Via Twitter, Facebook, Youtube or Telegram.