If you want to Unlock Bootloader On Google Pixel 3, then we have got you covered here. We will go through all the steps which are required to unlock the bootloader on Pixel 3. Like most of the Android devices, Google Pixel 3 also comes with a locked bootloader but Google allows users to unlock it.
Google has recently released it’s new flagship devices and successor to the Pixel 2 and Pixel 2 XL, The Pixel 3 and Pixel 3 XL comes with 5.5-inch and 6.3-inch displays respectively. This time users have 3 colours to choose from. The new Pixel devices have all the high end specs and features. Both the devices are powered by Snapdragon 845 SoC coupled with 4GB RAM and 64/128GB of non-expandable internal storage.
These new Pixel devices sport 12.2-megapixel rear camera and a dual camera setup for selfies. Both the Pixels runs latest Android 9.0 Pie out of the box. The Google Pixel 3 XL houses a 3430mAh non-removable battery whereas the Pixel 3 has a 2915mAh non-removable battery.
If you are new to rooting, then you should know that Unlocking bootloader of an android device is the first and most important step in android rooting process. First users have to unlock the bootloader, then they can install TWRP recovery via Commands. Once TWRP is installed, root can be gained by flashing the supersu or magisk via TWRP recovery.
Steps To Unlock Bootloader On Google Pixel 3
- First, enable Developers Options on your device
- Now, setup ADB and fastboot on your PC.
- Now go to ADB and Fastboot Folder then do Shift + Right Click to select Open Command Prompt / Window’s new power shell window Here.
- Connect your device to PC using provided USB
- Boot your Pixel 2 or Pixel 2 XL to bootloader mode using this:
adb reboot bootloader
- Now to unlock your phone enter this command in terminal:
fastboot flashing unlock
- On your phone allow the device to be unlocked (use vol keys to navigate and power key to select)
- Once the Google Pixel 3 or Google Pixel 3 XL is unlocked, they will restart to Bootloader mode again.
- Now enter this to restart your phone normally:
- Make sure to backup all your data as unlocking bootloader process will delete all your data.
If you have any question regarding this guide, feel free to leave that in the comment section down below 🙂
Rootmygalaxy a.k.a RMG was started in 2015 with a solo goal of Helping users with easy How-to guides. Slowly the website started sharing exclusive Leaks and Tech News. In these 5 years, we have been credited by the likes of Forbes, CNBC, Gizmodo, TechCrunch, Engadget, Android Authority, GSM Arena and many others. Want to know more about us? Check out our About Us page or connect with us Via Twitter, Facebook, Youtube or Telegram.