This article will guide you to Download & Install CM 12.1 ROM On Amazon Fire Tablet Android Lollipop.If you have an Amazon Fire tablet and you don’t like the UI of it then now time to install a CustomROM on it and CyanogenMod 12.1 is the best Choice for that.
The Amazon Fire Tablet is an android OS based tablet, but the UI is not close to Android’s.The Fire tablet features a heavily customized version of Android and sometimes it feels sluggish.
One of the most irritating factors of the Amazon skin is that there is no google Playstore present.They have replaced the play store with their’s own Amazon App store for downloading apps and games.So if you want to convert your Amazone Tablet to Nexus tablet (I mean UI), then just flash the CyanogenMod 12.1 ROM on it.Don’t worry we are going to share step by step guide on How to Download & Install CM 12.1 ROM On Amazon Fire Tablet Lollipop below
Thanks to developers over Xda for the CM 12.1 build.This is the First release of the ROM so there are few bugs there but not any major bugs.There are bugs like“broken bluetooth functionality”, but other than that the ROM is pretty good to install as daily driver.
→This is only for Amazone Fire Tablet so don’t try this on other models.
*Make sure there is at least 80% battery left on your smartphone before begin.
→ Manually Download & Install CM 12.1 ROM On Amazon Fire Tablet Lollipop
rootmygalaxy.net will not be held responsible for any kind of damage occurred to your Amazone Fire Tablet while following this tutorial.Do it at your own risk.
Full Guide to Download & Install CM 12.1 ROM On Amazon Fire Tablet Lollipop
- TWRP (Custom Recovery) is required to Flash the ROM
Download Lollipop 5.1 Gapps (.zip)
Download SuperSU (.zip)
How to Install CM 12.1 ROM On Amazon Fire Tablet Lollipop
Step By Step Guide
→First create a nandroid backup From TWRP recovery.Guide > How To Create & Restore Nandroid Backup On Android Devices
- First Download the CM12.1 ROM, Gapps and SuperSU file from the link above (download Section).
- Now transfer those downloaded files to internal memory of your Fire tablet
- Now Boot into TWRP recovery
- Take a backup, so you can restore the Amazon software if need be.
- After that, Do a Factory reset and Wipe cache & Dalvik cache.
- Now follow this guide to Flash / Install the ROM > How To Install A Custom ROM Via Recovery On Any Android
Done!!!CM 12.1 ROM should be on your Amazone Fire Tablet.Enjoy 🙂