Steps To Install LG K3 Stock ROM (Firmware) [Back To Stock Rom]: LG K3 is an entry level android device with some entry-level specification.It was released in 2016. The phone comes equipped with a 4.50-inch touchscreen display with a resolution of 480 pixels by 854 pixels.It is powered by 1.1GHz quad-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 210 MSM8909 CPU coupled with 1GB of RAM.It has 8GB of internal storage (Expandable up to 32GB via a microSD card).The LG K3 sports a 5-megapixel main camera and a 0.3-megapixel front camera.It runs Android 6.0 marshmallow out of the box and houses a 1940mAh removable battery.
Every OEM smartphones come with the locked bootloader and most of the OEM smartphones warranty will be void if device bootloader is unlocked but this does not happen with OnePlus devices. Unlocking the bootloader on the OnePlus device is extremely easy that you don’t have to request any code to unlock the bootloader. If you mess up with the device and your device bootloader is unlocked then you can take your device to OnePlus Support and claim warranty, which is not possible with every OEM.
If you own LG K3, installed any Custom ROM on your device and want to rollback to stock ROM then you are the right place. In this article, we will how to install stock ROM on LG K3 and relock the bootloader.
Install Stock ROM On LG K3 (Back to stock, Unbrick, Unroot and Fix Bootloop)
There are loads of benefits of having the stock ROM of an Android device.You can Fix Bootloop and Black screen issue by flashing back the stock firmware.If you are facing some software related issues, then you can flash the stock ROM to fix that.You can Unbrick and unroot your device by flashing back the stock firmware which will give you your device’s warranty back.
What Is Stock ROM and What are its benefits?
Stock ROM’s are the ones that come pre-installed on phones or tablets. These are the versions of Android developed by the OEM’s for making their phones look unique. They also come with pre-installed with certain apps.
The reason for the usage of Custom ROM’s over Stock ROM’s are:
1) Security: These ROM’s are developed by big companies and hence there are fewer chances of malware/ virus affecting the phone.
2) Warranty: Installing a Custom ROM needs root access and this voids warranty of your smartphone in most cases. A lot of OEM’s do not allow the root access or customization.
3) Pre-installed apps and features: A lot of these ROM’s come with pre-installed apps which are sometimes useful. These apps vary between different manufacturers and even for models. Some OEM’s also give their customers premium features like Launchers, wallpapers, home screen, etc.
The Advantages Of Stock Firmware
- Flash Stock To Unbrick your LG K3.
- Flash Stock ROM to Fix the bootloop problem.
- Upgrade and Downgrade LG K3.
- Unroot or Fix Bugs on your phone.
- To fix the lag or stutter on LG K3.
- Revert back to stock to gain your warranty.
- Full List of devices which have received Lineage OS 14/14.1 (Download)
- [LineageOS 15] Official Lineage OS 15.0 Device List (Android 8.0)
- Android Oreo Device List- List of the devices which will get official Android 8.0 update
- Download Magisk v14.0 and Magisk Manager v5.3.0 (Oreo Root)
- FlashFire v0.70 is available for download with support for Android 8.0 Oreo
RootMyGalaxy.net is not responsible for any damage happened to your device(s) while following this guide so please proceed at your own risk. However, we would be happy to help about any problems within our reach
- LG USB drivers should be installed on your PC
- This is Only For LG G4 US Cellular US991
- We recommend to take complete backup and proceed.
- Maintain 50-60% battery to prevent sudden shut down between the process.
- Install ADB & Fastboot drivers on your computer.Guide Quickest Way To Install Android ADB and Fastboot (with drivers) on Windows or How to Install ADB and Fastboot on Mac or Linux
- Now Enable Developer option.Guide How to Enable Developer Options & USB Debugging on Android
- Create a nandroid backup on your device How To Create & Restore Nandroid Backup On Android Devices
Steps to Download and Install LG K3 Stock ROM
- Download and Install LG Flash tool on your PC (download section above)
- Download LG K3 Stock ROM
- Now Boot your device into the download mode, you can do by pressing and holding Volume down button while connecting it to PC using USB cable.
- Now Open Lg Flash tool on your PC (tapping LGFlashtool2014.exe)
- Once launched, Choose CDMA type from the menu
- Go to “Select Kdz file”, find and locate the downloaded firmware file. (Stock ROM)
- Then just select normal Flash and don’t do any other changes
- Click ‘start’ to begin the Flashing process. It will take some time so wait till the process is completed
- Once Flashing done, your device should be unbricked and you should have the stock ROM / Firmware on your device.
If you have any queries regarding this, feel free to ask in the comment section. 🙂
Rootmygalaxy a.k.a RMG was started in 2015 with a solo goal of Helping users with easy How-to guides. Slowly the website started sharing exclusive Leaks and Tech News. In these 5 years, we have been credited by the likes of Forbes, CNBC, Gizmodo, TechCrunch, Engadget, Android Authority, GSM Arena and many others. Want to know more about us? Check out our About Us page