In this guide we are going to learn Download and Install Official CM 14.1 On Xiaomi Redmi 2: Xiaomi Redmi 2 is a new smartphone being offered by the famous Chinese vendor, Xiaomi. As usual, it packs in some of the best in class specifications in a really budget price bracket. That’s why the Xiaomi Redmi 2 had soon became a crowd favorite.
Xiaomi Redmi 2 android phone was launched in january 2015. It was one of the largest selling android device of this company, this company doing great in the market. It comes with 1 GB of ram and 8 GB of internal storage and it can be expanded to 32 GB. It has a 8-megapixel primary camera on the rear and a 2-megapixel front shooter for selfies.
The Xiaomi Redmi 2 runs Android 4.4 out of the box.If you are a Redmi 2 owner then we have a great news for you guys.Now Official CyanogenMod 14.1 based On Android 7.1.1 Nougat is available for Xiaomi Redmi 2.You can now update Xiaomi Redmi 2 to Android 7.1.1 Nougat via Official CM14.1.Follow this guide to Download and Install Official CM 14.1 On Xiaomi Redmi 2
RootMyGalaxy.net is not responsible for any hardware/software issues that occur to your device(s) by following this guide. We are certain that the following guide is carefully written, avoiding any mistakes on our side. If you are unsure of the causalities that may occur if the procedure goes wrong, then please don’t proceed.
- This guide is for the Xiaomi Redmi 2.
- A complete nandroid backup of your device is recommended, in case something goes wrong.Guide How To Create & Restore Nandroid Backup On Android Devices
- Make sure your device is charged at least upto 60%, to prevent unexpected shutdowns in the process.
Before you begin with the tutorial, make sure that ‘USB Debugging‘ is enabled from Settings > Developer Options.
Now follow the guide given below to safely Install Official CM 14.1 On Xiaomi Redmi 2 (Android 7.1.1)
CyanogenMod 14 For Xiaomi Redmi 2 → download Link
STEPS TO Install Official CM 14.1 On Xiaomi Redmi 2 (Android 7.1.1 Nougat)
Image Source Xda
Warning- The device’s warranty will be void.
Make sure your device is rooted and have a custom recovery like TWRP.
- Download the CM 14.1 ROM file as well as the GApps file and transfer it onto your Xiaomi Redmi 2 using your data cable.
- Reboot your Xiaomi Redmi 2 into the recovery mode. Guide How To to Boot Into Recovery Mode On Android (Various Ways)
- Now, follow this in-depth guide to Flash UnOfficial CM 14.1 On Xiaomi Redmi 2 How to Install CM14 (CyanogenMod 14) Via Custom Recovery
- Once done, follow this definite guide to flash GApps Download & Install Gapps For CM14 / CM14.1 ROMs
- Return back to the TWRP menu, and reboot your device.
Note:-First boot may take a while. No need to panic if you followed the steps correctly. If you did face any issues then let us know in the comments section below I will try to reply as fast as I can.
Good going! You’ve now learnt How to Download and Install UnOfficial CM 14 On Xiaomi Redmi 2. If you have any queries, feel free to hit us down in the comments section below. Also, we would love to hear what’s your favorite feature in the newest build on CyanogenMod 14.1 built off of Android 7.1 Nougat!