Download/Install Lineage Os 14.1 On Moto Z2 Play (Android 7.1.2 Nougat): If you are the users of Moto Z2 Play then here is the good news for you now you can get the latest version of Android Nougat 7.1 on your device. Though this is not the official update by the manufacturer this is a Custom ROM from the team at LineageOS 14.1. You can flash this custom ROM easily we have shared each and every step to do so.
The Moto Z2 Play is an entry level android smartphone which is powered by Octa-core Cortex-A53 @ 2.2 GHz Processor, having 3GB/4GB RAM With 32GB/64GB ROM and it has 5.5-Inch Full HD+ 18:9 Display. It also got 12MP Rear Camera With LED Flash with 5MP FF camera. It has 3000mAh Battery. Install Official Lineage OS 14.1 On Moto Z2 Play
The latest build of this custom ROM is based on Android 7.1.2 Nougat which is the latest Android version.Now Moto Z2 Play has started getting the LineageOS 14.1 Nougat Custom ROM.If you are a Moto Z2 Play user then you can Update Moto Z2 Play To Android 7.1.2 Nougat Via LineageOS 14.1 Nougat.
Your device should have root access and TWRP recovery should also be installed to install this latest ROM. The download links and installation procedure is given with this article please read through. With the Android 7.1.2ROM, you will also need to download the latest Gapps supported by Android 7.1.2 Nougat to have the full experience. Install Official Lineage OS 14.1 On Moto Z2 Play
But remember these are initial releases so may have some bugs but in future updates, everything will be fixed.So if you are interested, you can install this ROM on your device by following this guide.We have left some steps for you to be able to learn How to Download and Install Android 7.1.2 Nougat On Moto Z2 Play (Lineage OS 14.1)
RootMyGalaxy.net is not responsible for any hardware/software issues that occur to your device(s) by following this guide. We are certain that the following guide is carefully written, avoiding any mistakes on our side. If you are unsure of the causalities that may occur if the procedure goes wrong, then please don’t proceed.
- This guide is for the Moto Z2 Play only.
- A complete nandroid backup of your device is recommended, in case something goes wrong.Guide How To Create & Restore Nandroid Backup On Android Devices (rooted users) and How to Backup Important Data On Android (Non rooted users)
- Make sure your device is charged at least up to 60%, to prevent unexpected shutdowns in the process.
- Before you begin with the tutorial, make sure that ‘USB Debugging‘ is enabled from Settings > Developer Options.
Steps To Install Lineage Os 14.1 On Moto Z2 Play (Android 7.1.2 Nougat)
- Download the ROM file as well as the GApps file, and transfer it onto your Moto Z2 Play using your data cable.
- Reboot your Moto Z2 Play into the recovery mode. Guide > How To to Boot Into Recovery Mode On Android (Various Ways)
- Now, follow this in-depth guide to learn How to Download and Install the ROM on your device > How To Install A Custom ROM Via Recovery On Any Android
- After flashing ROM, Install the Gapps > Download/Install GApps For Android 7.0/7.1 Nougat, after that flash the bootloader file
- Return back to the TWRP menu, and reboot your device.
Good going! You’ve now learnt How to Download and Install LineageOS on Moto Z2 Play. If you have any queries, feel free to hit us down in the comments section below. Also, we would love to hear what’s your favourite feature in the newest build of LineageOS 14.1 of Android 7.1.2 Nougat!
Note: Image used in this post is property of its respective owner
Rootmygalaxy a.k.a RMG was started in 2015 with a solo goal of Helping users with easy How-to guides. Slowly the website started sharing exclusive Leaks and Tech News. In these 5 years, we have been credited by the likes of Forbes, CNBC, Gizmodo, TechCrunch, Engadget, Android Authority, GSM Arena and many others. Want to know more about us? Check out our About Us page or connect with us Via Twitter, Facebook, Youtube or Telegram.