In this step by step guide, you will learn How To Safely Install Werewolf Custom Kernel & Overclock Nvidia Shield Tablet.It is a very simple and easy process.Here we will be using TWRP recovery & Fast boot commands to Flash the Werewolf Custom Kernel & Overclock Nvidia Shield Tablet.
Nvidia Tablets are popular for gaming performance.These are well optimized for gaming.These tablets are already very powerful but you can still overclock the CPU.If you have a Nvidia Shield Tablet then this guide is the perfect solution
There is a Werewolf Custom Kernel available for Nvidia Shield Tablet.It is Developed by aufersteppenwolf over Xda.You can easily overclock your Nvidia tablet by flashing the kernel.There are loads of extra features added to this kernel.If you want to install any custom kernel on your tablet then we highly recommend tring out this Werewolf Custom Kernel.
- Patched CONFIG_KEYS vulnerability
- CPU OC (up to 2.5GHz, default is stock 2.2GHz)
- GPU OC (924MHz)
- Custom I/O Schedulers (SIO, FIOPS, BFQ, CFQ, Deadline) with FIOPS as default
- Ported ElementalX governor
- [WIP] Added S2w and DT2W (experimental, not fully working –> use on your own risk!)
- Added exFAT support
- Added fsync toggle
- KSM turned on by default with deferred timer
- Added /dev/frandom support
- Various TCP tweaks (enabled westwood as default TCP congestion control)
The Flashing process is not like other custom kernels.You need to flash the devicetree blob via Fast boot to ensure the kernel is stable.Then you can flash the Custom kernel via TWRP recovery.But don’t worry we will be sharing full detailed guide to Install Werewolf Custom Kernel & Overclock Nvidia Shield Tablet
rootmygalaxy.net will not be held responsible for any kind of damage occurred to your Nvidia Shield while following this tutorial.Do it at your own risk.
- More than 50% battery on your tablet
- Setup ADB and Fastboot on your PC
- Make sure USB Drivers are installed on your PC
- Make sure you have any Marshmallow ROM Installed on your tablet
Download devicetree blob (.dtb)
How To Install Werewolf Custom Kernel & Overclock Nvidia Shield Tablet
Step By Step Guide
- Download the given files from the download section
- Now Save the tegra124-tn8-p1761-1270-a04-e-battery.dtb file on your PC
- Connect your tablet to the PC and transfer the Werewolf kernel zip
- Boot your Shield Tablet to Bootloader mode (Make sure device is connected to the PC)
- Open a command window inside the folder where you saved the tegra124-tn8-p1761-1270-a04-e-battery.dtb file.(“Shift + Right click” on any empty white space inside the folder)
- Now issue the following command to flash the dtp partition to your Shield Tablet:
fastboot flash dtb tegra124-tn8-p1761-1270-a04-e-battery.dtb
- Now reboot your tablet to recovery mode (TWRP)
- Then flash the Kernel you have transferred to your device via TWRP recovery
- Done!!! you have Installed Werewolf Custom Kernel
- Reboot your device.
Nowe you can Overclock / underclock your CPU.You can under volt to save some juice.
→If you have any questions related to this guide, feel free to leave that in the comment section below.