Follow the guide to Download and Install Lineage OS 16 On Samsung Galaxy A7 2017 | Android 9.0 Pie. The Samsung Galaxy A7 2017 smartphone is equipped with a large 5.70-inch touchscreen display with a resolution of 1080 pixels by 1920 pixels. It is powered by 1.9GHz octa-core Exynos 7880 processor coupled with 3GB of RAM. The device comes with 32GB of internal storage which can be expanded up to 256GB via a microSD card. The Samsung Galaxy A7 packs a 16-megapixel primary camera on the back and a 16-megapixel selfies shooter on the front. It runs Android 6.0 Marshmallow and houses a 3600mAh non-removable battery.
The unofficial Lineage OS 16 has been developed for Samsung Galaxy A7 2017. The device is one of the most popular Galaxy devices among the developers. Previously the device has received Lineage Os 15.1 ROM Too. Now you can download the ROM and flash Lineage OS 16 build directly via TWRP recovery If you are a Samsung Galaxy A7 2017 user then you should try out the unofficial Lineage OS 16 On Samsung Galaxy A7 2017. We are thankful to recognized Xda Senior Member Option58 for the ROM.
As I stated before, It is an unofficial ROM. The ROM is in its beta stage so it is not fully stable according to the developer. There are a few bugs present as it is in its alpha stage. This is the first release of this unofficial Lineage OS 16 ROM For the Samsung Galaxy A7 2017 so there are few bugs present and we are sure in future update everything will be fixed. Follow the guide carefully to Flash / Install Lineage OS 16 Pie ROM On Samsung Galaxy A7 2017. Update Samsung Galaxy A7 2017 to Android 9 Pie Via Lineage OS 16
- Galaxy A7 (2017). Dual SIM is also supported. (All versions)
- Mobile data
- OpenMAX (hardware encoding/decoding)
- Camera (photos + recording)
- Double tap to wake
- Always on display
What’s not working:
- Hardware composer is disabled for now
- Capacitive keys and dt2w are still active in AOD regardless of turned off or on
- Some users are complaining about battery drain
- Selinux is in permissive mode
- Possible minor issues and missing features because the rom is still in alpha stage
- Could be more, read the thread
For more details visit the official Xda development thread here
Lineage OS 16 Features | Android 9.0 Pie Features
Table Of Contents
As Lineage OS 16 is based On Android 9.0 Pie’s Source code, it has all the latest Android Oreo features and in addition to that Lineage OS also has some extra customization features.
- Digital Wellbeing – We start off with the feature that will be impacting the smartphone usage the most. Ever since smartphones became mainstream, this will be the first time Google will actually be introducing tools to learn about smartphone habits and will also help moderate parts that require attention.
The users will get to see the amount of time they are spending on apps and will also get to set timers on such apps that happen to be addictive. App icons will turn grey when the user reaches the time limit.
- Adaptive battery – Just as the name suggests, this feature will learn the usage pattern of the user and it will help turn down battery consumption by restricting apps which are rarely used.
- Gesture-based navigation – This feature has become quite a necessity after the Android devices have taken to thin bezels and notched displays. The recent page can be accessed by swiping up from the bottom.
- Slices – This new feature will be providing app functions without actually having to enter them. In fact, whenever a user will search for a particular app, the search will prompt a few quick options related to that app which will make it really easier and quicker.
- Adaptive Brightness – This feature has got an upgrade where the device will remember the times you change the brightness of your device and adjust according to the time as well as brightness.
Above are some of the main features Android 9.0 Pie (Official Lineage OS 16.0) comes with. But there are much more. Overall Lineage OS is the best Custom ROM available for Android.
- Make sure the bootloader on your device is unlocked and your device is rooted and you have a custom recovery installed.
- Make sure your device has more than 50% battery.
- Make sure you have taken a backup of your important data. Now proceed To Install Official Lineage OS 16 On Samsung Galaxy A7 2017.
How to Install Unofficial Lineage OS 16 On Samsung Galaxy A7 2017 | Android 9.0 Pie
- Make sure your device is rooted and have the latest TWRP recovery installed. You must be on Samsung’s Oreo Firmware.
- First, download the files from the above link.
- Now transfer the downloaded files to the internal storage of your device.
- Now reboot to the TWRP recovery mode
- You need to Decrypt and Re-Encrypt Data Partition on your device
- Take a backup by selecting the option from the home screen and then your data and cache from the recovery menu.
- Now select install and then browse for the downloaded ROM file and then select it. Next flash the Gapps file and then Magisk (optional).
Once the flashing process is completed, reboot your phone and you will be booted into Official Lineage OS 16 Based on Android Pie. If you have any doubts regarding this process, feel free to comment below.
Rootmygalaxy a.k.a RMG was started in 2015 with a solo goal of Helping users with easy How-to guides. Slowly the website started sharing exclusive Leaks and Tech News. In these 5 years, we have been credited by the likes of Forbes, CNBC, Gizmodo, TechCrunch, Engadget, Android Authority, GSM Arena and many others. Want to know more about us? Check out our About Us page or connect with us Via Twitter, Facebook, Youtube or Telegram