Now you can Install Lineage OS 16 On Sony Xperia XZ Premium | Android 9.0 Pie as the ROM is made available for the device. However, this is an early unofficial Lineage OS 16 For Sony Xperia XZ Premium based on Android 9.0 Pie. Previously the device has received Lineage Os 15.1 ROM Too. Now you can download the ROM and flash Lineage OS 16 build directly via TWRP recovery If you are a Sony Xperia XZ Premium user then you should try out the unofficial Lineage OS 16 On Sony Xperia XZ Premium. We are thankful to Recognized Xda Member Sjll for the ROM.
Xperia XZ Premium was the flagship device of 2017 hence it has all the top end specifications and features for that time. It comes equipped with a 5.50-inch touchscreen display with a resolution of 2160 pixels by 3840 pixels. It is powered by an octa-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 835 processor
It comes with 4GB of RAM. The phone packs 64GB of internal storage that can be expanded up to 256GB via a microSD card. The Phone sports a 19-megapixel primary camera on the rear and a 13-megapixel front shooter for selfies. The Xperia XZ Premium runs Android 7.1.1 and is powered by a 3230mAh non-removable battery.
Lineage OS 16 Features | Android 9.0 Pie Features
As Lineage OS 16 is based On Android 9.0 Pie’s Source code, it has all the latest Android Oreo features and in addition to that Lineage OS also has some extra customization features.
- Make sure the bootloader on your device is unlocked and your device is rooted and you have a custom recovery installed.
- Make sure your device has more than 50% battery.
- Make sure you have taken a backup of your important data. Now proceed To Install Official Lineage OS 16 On Sony Xperia XZ Premium.
How to Install Unofficial Lineage OS 16 On Sony Xperia XZ Premium | Android 9.0 Pie
- Make sure your device is rooted and have the latest TWRP recovery installed. (Check the Pre-Requirement Section Above)
- First, download the files from the above link.
- Now transfer the downloaded files to the internal storage of your device.
- Now reboot to the TWRP recovery by holding your power and volume down buttons together for a few seconds.
- Take a backup by selecting the option from the home screen and then your data and cache from the recovery menu.
- Now select install and then browse for the downloaded ROM file and then select it. Next flash the Gapps file and then Magisk (optional).
Once the flashing process is completed, reboot your phone and you will be booted into Official Lineage OS 16 Based on Android Pie. If you have any doubts regarding this process, feel free to comment below.