Microsoft has rolled out a new insider preview build to the Dev channel alongside the Canary channel. As this is Halloween week, people weren’t expecting any updates but Microsoft has surprised them by rolling out Windows 11 Insider Build 23580 and 25987 updates.
If you’re a part of the Windows 11 Insider Program, you will be able to get this update. The new Windows 11 update for the Dev channel comes with the build number 23580 while the update for the Canary channel comes with the build number 24987.
If you’re looking to learn more about these updates, then this guide will be helpful. In this guide, you will get to know the changes, features, and fixes as Microsoft starts pushing Windows 11 Insider Build 23580 and 25987.
Changelog for the Windows 11 Insider Build 23580
Windows 11 Insider Build 23580 comes with access to Copilot in Windows for users that have local accounts. Currently, it is only available for a limited number of queries without sign-in. Here are some of the changes and fixes that come with Windows 11 Insider Build 23580 –
- Fixed the issue where using the mouse back and forward buttons weren’t reacting when hovering over the Recommended Files section of Home
- Fixed the issue where the Gallery app would stop displaying correctly if you applied “Group By” to all folders
- Fixed the issue that was making the desktop tooltips in Task view tough to read in contrast themes
- The issue that was causing the taskbar icons to disappear after switching desktops has been fixed
- Fixed the issue resulting in Windows Spotlight wallpapers not showing properly in the desktop thumbnail in Task View
Changelog for the Windows 11 Insider Build 25987
The weekly update for the Canary channel brings an option for installing a Wi-Fi driver if it isn’t installed during the Windows setup. Here is the changelog of the new build –
- During setup, when you have to connect to a network and there are no Wi-Fi drivers, you will be given an option for pressing an “Install Drivers” button for installing drivers that you previously downloaded
The settings page for delivery optimization under Settings -> Windows Update -> Advanced options -> Delivery optimization for matching the Windows 11 design principles
- The PNG files will now support viewing and editing metadata (for instance, if you want to set a star rating in Properties, you’ll need to edit the description or add keywords)