Now you can easily Install Lineage OS 16 On Moto G7 Plus | Android 9.0 Pie (codename: lake). Thanks to one of the XDA Senior member Jleeblanch, the unofficial build of Lineage OS 16 is now available for the device. Now you can download the ROM and flash Lineage OS 16 build directly via TWRP recovery If you are a Moto G7 Plus user then you should try out the unofficial Lineage OS 16 On Moto G7 Plus.
Lenovo is known for updating it’s Moto series devices to the latest security and major updates regularly and the Moto G7 Plus is also getting regular updates from the company. But if you want to experience the Lineage OS, then Lineage 16 is the right way to go. The ROM has all the Android pie features as it is based on Google’s Android 9.0 source code.
Lineage OS 16 is the latest version of Lineage OS which is based on Google’s Android 9.0 Pie source code. This is the successor to Lineage OS 15.1. Lineage OS was previously known as CyanogenMod which was the most used and popular Custom ROM at that time. Team Lineage OS has been doing excellent work. The Lineage OS ROMs provide a very clean and simple Pixel like user experience.
Lineage OS 16 Features | Android 9.0 Pie Features
As Lineage OS 16 is based On Android 9.0 Pie’s Source code, it has all the latest Android Oreo features and in addition to that Lineage OS also has some extra customization features.
- Make sure the bootloader on your device is unlocked and your device is rooted and you have a custom recovery installed.
- Make sure your device has more than 50% battery.
- Make sure you have taken a backup of your important data. Now proceed To Install Official Lineage OS 16 On Moto G7 Plus.
How to Install Unofficial Lineage OS 16 On Moto G7 Plus | Android 9.0 Pie
- Make sure your device is rooted and have the latest TWRP recovery installed. (Check the Pre-Requirement Section Above)
- First, download the files from the above link.
- Now transfer the downloaded files to the internal storage of your device.
- Now reboot to the TWRP recovery by holding your power and volume down buttons together for a few seconds.
- Take a backup by selecting the option from the home screen and then your data and cache from the recovery menu.
- Now select install and then browse for the downloaded ROM file and then select it. Next flash the Gapps file and then Magisk (optional).
Once the flashing process is completed, reboot your phone and you will be booted into Official Lineage OS 16 Based on Android Pie. If you have any doubts regarding this process, feel free to comment below.