[Download] Nokia 5 Android 8.0 Oreo Update v5.200: HMD had previously rolled out an Android Oreo beta update for Nokia 5 with a built number v5.140. Now the manufacturer is rolling out a fully stable update of Android Oro for Nokia 5 with a built number v5.200. The update file is officially available for download now for all Nokia users.
The manufacturer hasn’t started to roll out the official OTA file of the update yet. The OTA can be expected very soon. The users also have an option to manually install the update by downloading the file. In this guide, we will be providing link to download the official OTA file and also will provide you with a complete installation guide.
The current update is a fully stable Android Oreo built. The update will bring in all Oreo features to the Nokia 5. This includes the home screen shortcuts, floating navigation docks, picture in picture mode, and a lot of other features. The update will also fix all the bugs which were there in the previous beta update.
- Make sure that the USB drivers for your Android device are installed on the PC.
- Follow the below Guide Exactly or else it may lead to brick your device. RootMyGalaxy.net is not responsible for any damage.
- Maintain 50-60% battery to prevent sudden shut down between the process.
- This Update is only for Nokia 5 users.
- Make sure that you have latest ADB and fastboot drivers installed on Windows and Mac/Linux.
- Take a complete backup of your phone and then proceed.
RootMyGalaxy.net is not responsible for any hardware/software issues that occur on your device(s) by following this guide. We are certain that the following guide is carefully written, avoiding any mistakes on our side. If you are unsure of the causalities that may occur if the procedure goes wrong, then please don’t proceed.
Steps to install Nokia 5 Android 8.0 Oreo Update v5.200
There are two available methods to install this new update, both are listed below.
- Download and install ADB and fastboot on your computer (Check Pre-Requirement section above)
- Move the downloaded update file into the ADB folder
- Boot your Nokia 5 into recovery mode
- Select Install from ADB Sideload
- Connect your phone and computer
- Open the ADB folder and click shift+right click and open command here
- Enter the adb devices command to check your connection
- If the connection is ok, enter the adb sideload file_name.zip to flash the update
- Reboot the device when process is completed
- Save the downloaded file on to the device internal storage
- Turn off the device
- Press and hold power button and volume button to boot the device on to recovery mode
- Select apply from sd card
- Select the OTA file
- Reboot the device
Hope you are clear with the guide. Leave a comment below if you have any queries or feedback.