Last week, OnePlus rolled out the first Open Beta update for OnePlus 8T based on Android 11. Now, the device has started receiving its second Open Beta update that brings tons of bug fixing, the latest security patch, and several improvements.
The Open Beta 2 for OnePlus 8T fixes is primarily for removing as many bugs as possible which include noise issues during 5G calls, WhatsApp message receiving issue, caller id hiding issue, Bluetooth search issue, and AOD display issues.
It optimizes the app loading time and adds Tide Voice Model and time watermark. In addition to tons of bug fixing and optimizations, the latest package bumps the Android security patch level to March 2021. Check out the update log to have a detailed look at the changes.
The OxygenOS 11 based Open Beta 2 update for OnePlus 8T will reach those users who have installed the Open Beta 1 update. It is recommended to have a system backup before installing any beta package.
OnePlus 8T OxygenOS 11 Open Beta 2: changelog
- OnePlus account now can be registered with the phone number in more countries or regions
- Optimized the startup speed of some apps to improve the user experience
- Fixed the noise issue of 5G calls
- Fixed the issue that the fingerprint pattern is not displayed on the screen (OP8 series only)
- Fixed the issue that WhatsApp cannot receive messages when it is in the background for a long time
- Fixed the issue in which the “Turn on automatically” in Dark Mode is disabled after the system update
- Fixed the disappearing issue with the animation of the voice assistant wake-up gesture
- Fixed the issue that no caller ID is displayed from the favorite contacts in Do Not Disturb mode
- Fixed the issue that the Setting interface displays abnormally under the split screen of call forwarding
- Fixed the flash issue with the Quick Reply in Landscape
- Fixed the issue that the status bar is displayed abnormally when using split-screen with the Chrome
- Fixed the small probability issue that the expanded screenshot may stop working
- Updated Android security patch to 2021.03
- Newly added time watermark (Go to: Camera – Settings – Shot on OnePlus watermark – Time)
- Fixed the issue in which pictures are not displayed in the Gallery after they are copied to the DCIM category
- Fixed the issue that the Nearby Share button may disappear when using Google Photos
- Fixed the issue that the SCENARIO-BASED ENHANCEMENT switch is not displayed in the settings when OnePlus Buds is connected to the phone
- Fixed the issue that the device cannot be searched by other Bluetooth devices
- Fixed the issue of the incomplete dialog box displayed in landscape mode
- Fixed known issues with the SMS to improve functional stability (OP8 series only)
- Improved the touch range of stopwatch buttons and improved the user experience
- Ambient Display
- Fixed the issue in which the AOD displays the wrong time sequence after setting up some languages as system languages
- Fixed the issue with AOD that the screen may flash when unlocking with fingerprint
- Fixed the issue with AOD that the screen may display red in some scenes
- Fixed the issue of blurred lines in AOD
- Fixed the failure issue with Wi-Fi
- Zen Mode
- Newly added the Tide Voice Medal (Complete 3 Zen Mode challenges with white noise to win this medal)
Rootmygalaxy a.k.a RMG was started in 2015 with a solo goal of Helping users with easy How-to guides. Slowly the website started sharing exclusive Leaks and Tech News. In these 5 years, we have been credited by the likes of Forbes, CNBC, Gizmodo, TechCrunch, Engadget, Android Authority, GSM Arena and many others. Want to know more about us? Check out our About Us page or connect with us Via Twitter, Facebook, Youtube or Telegram.