OnePlus has released the Android 10 update for OnePlus 7 and 7 Pro devices quite faster. In October, OnePlus has rolled out a quick hotfix for the OnePlus 7 lineup smartphones with OxygenOS 10.0.1 update, but there were plenty of bugs unsolved at that time. This time OnePlus has released another new software update for both the OnePlus 7 and 7 Pro devices officially that fixes plenty of bugs. If you’re a OnePlus 7/7 Pro user, you can manually Download and Update Oxygen OS 10.0.2 OTA On OnePlus 7 and 7 Pro (Android 10).
Currently, the new firmware update is rolling out globally over OTA in an incremental way based on Android 10. So, it can take a few days more than usual. The update brings October 2019 Android Security Patch to both the devices along with some additional fixes. We have provided the official Oxygen OS 10.0.2 update changelog for OnePlus 7 and 7 Pro.
If you haven’t received the OTA update yet, then you can check it manually from phone Settings > System Updates > Check for update. However, if you want to manually install the firmware update, check out the full installation guide below.
Oxygen OS 10.0.2 OTA Changelog for OnePlus 7/7 Pro
- Optimized the standby power consumption
- Optimized the expanded screenshot feature
- Optimized the Bluetooth connectivity in automobiles
- Improved the translation accuracy
- Optimized overall communication (network, phone calls, mobile data) performance
- Optimized charging performance with third-party chargers
- Fixed the blank screen issue
- Fixed fingerprint icon animation issue
- Fixed the volume issue with AirPods
- Fixed the black bar issue while charging or playing a video
- Updated Android security patch to 2019.10
- Improved system stability and general bug fixes
- Optimized the performance of Super Stable feature in the Video for the camera app
Note: The camera improvement is only for the OnePlus 7 Pro model only. Because OnePlus 7 doesn’t have a Super Stable feature in video recording.
Download Oxygen OS 10.0.2 OTA for OnePlus 7 and 7 Pro
- OnePlus 7 Pro – Oxygen OS 10.0.2 Global | OOS 10.0.2 Europe
- OnePlus 7 – Oxygen OS 10.0.2 Global | OOS 10.0.2 Europe
Steps to Update Oxygen OS 10.0.2 OTA On OnePlus 7 and 7 Pro
You can use two different methods to install the downloaded Oxygen OS 10.0.2 update on your OnePlus 7 and 7 Pro manually. Both methods are listed below. But make sure to follow the pre-requirements at first.
- Make sure that the USB drivers for your Android device are installed on the PC.
- Follow the below Guide Exactly or else it may lead to brick your device. RootMyGalaxy.net is not responsible for any damage.
- Maintain a 50%-60% battery to prevent sudden shut down between the process.
- This Update is only for OnePlus 7 and OnePlus 7 Pro users.
- Make sure that you have the latest ADB and fastboot drivers installed on your Windows PC or Mac/Linux.
- Take a complete backup of your phone and then proceed.
RootMyGalaxy.net is not responsible for any hardware/software issues that occur on your device(s) by following this guide. We are certain that the following guide is carefully written, avoiding any mistakes on our side. If you are unsure of the causalities that may occur if the procedure goes wrong, then please don’t proceed.
ADB & Fastboot Method
This will require you to connect your device to a computer and do it. The USB debugging should be enabled on your OnePlus 7 and 7 Pro. Make sure to download and copy the firmware OTA update file depends on the device model. Now, follow the linked guide to Install the update with ADB Sideload.
Local Upgrade Method
This method allows you to install the downloaded update directly from your OnePlus 7 and 7 Pro. The steps to do this are:
- Save the downloaded update file into the internal memory of your OnePlus 7 and 7 Pro
- Open settings
- Tap on system updates
- Tap on the settings icon
- Select local upgrade
- Select the saved OTA update file
- When prompted select upgrade now option
We hope this guide is helpful to you and you’ve updated your OnePlus 7 and 7 Pro device to Oxygen OS 10.0.2 version easily. If you have any queries, please leave a comment below.
Rootmygalaxy a.k.a RMG was started in 2015 with a solo goal of Helping users with easy How-to guides. Slowly the website started sharing exclusive Leaks and Tech News. In these 5 years, we have been credited by the likes of Forbes, CNBC, Gizmodo, TechCrunch, Engadget, Android Authority, GSM Arena and many others. Want to know more about us? Check out our About Us page or connect with us Via Twitter, Facebook, Youtube or Telegram.