Like many other Manufacturer OnePlus also has started releasing the latest security patch updates to its devices. The OnePlus 6 and One Plus 6T have started receiving the Android 10 Stable November 2019 Patch Update. I know this is not the latest patch but still, this is a very important update as it is carrying a newer patch for the devices.
Along with the new security patch, the update brings many bug fixes and new features. The update comes with a stable Android 10. The UI has been revamped with the new update. A new notch area display option is added in the settings menu. Now the camera performance is improved. The Wifi connection issue to 5GHz networks has been fixed. For full changelog check down below.
Currently, the new firmware update is rolling out globally over OTA in an incremental way based on Android 10. So, it can take a few days more than usual. The update brings November 2019 Android Security Patch to both the devices along with some additional fixes. We have provided the official OxygenOS 10.3.0 update changelog for OnePlus 6 and 6T.
If you haven’t received the OTA update yet, then you can check it manually from phone Settings > System Updates > Check for update. However, if you want to manually install the firmware update, check out the full installation guide below.
OxygenOS 10.3.0 OTA Changelog for OnePlus 6/6T
- Upgraded to Android 10
- Brand new UI design
- Enhanced location permissions for privacy
- New customization feature in Settings allowing you to choose icon shapes to be displayed in the Quick Settings
- General bug fixes and improvements
- Full Screen Gestures
- Added inward swipes from the left or right edge of the screen to go back
- Added a bottom navigation bar to allow switching left or right for recent apps
- Game Space
- New Game Space feature now joins all your favorite games in one place for easier access and better gaming experience
- Contextual display
- Intelligent info based on specific times, locations, and events for Ambient Display (Settings – Display – Ambient Display – Smart Display)
- Now possible to block spam by keywords for Message (Messages – Spam – Settings – Blocking settings)
Download OxygenOS 10.3.0 OTA for OnePlus 6 and 6T
Steps to Update OxygenOS 10.3.0 OTA On OnePlus 6 and 6T
You can use two different methods to install the downloaded OxygenOS 10.3.0 update on your OnePlus 6 and 6T manually. Both methods are listed below. But make sure to follow the pre-requirements at first.
- Make sure that the USB drivers for your Android device are installed on the PC.
- Follow the below Guide Exactly or else it may lead to brick your device. RootMyGalaxy.net is not responsible for any damage.
- Maintain a 50%-60% battery to prevent sudden shut down between the process.
- This Update is only for OnePlus 6 and OnePlus 6T users.
- Make sure that you have the latest ADB and fastboot drivers installed on your Windows PC or Mac/Linux.
- Take a complete backup of your phone and then proceed.
RootMyGalaxy.net is not responsible for any hardware/software issues that occur on your device(s) by following this guide. We are certain that the following guide is carefully written, avoiding any mistakes on our side. If you are unsure of the causalities that may occur if the procedure goes wrong, then please don’t proceed.
ADB & Fastboot Method
This will require you to connect your device to a computer and do it. The USB debugging should be enabled on your OnePlus 6 and 6T. Make sure to download and copy the firmware OTA update file depends on the device model. Now, follow the linked guide to Install the update with ADB Sideload.
Local Upgrade Method
This method allows you to install the downloaded update directly from your OnePlus 6 and 6T. The steps to do this are:
- Save the downloaded update file into the internal memory of your OnePlus 6 and 6T
- Open settings
- Tap on system updates
- Tap on the settings icon
- Select local upgrade
- Select the saved OTA update file
- When prompted select upgrade now option
We hope this guide is helpful to you and you’ve updated your OnePlus 6 and 6T device to OxygenOS 10.3.0 version easily. If you have any queries, please leave a comment below.
Rootmygalaxy a.k.a RMG was started in 2015 with a solo goal of Helping users with easy How-to guides. Slowly the website started sharing exclusive Leaks and Tech News. In these 5 years, we have been credited by the likes of Forbes, CNBC, Gizmodo, TechCrunch, Engadget, Android Authority, GSM Arena and many others. Want to know more about us? Check out our About Us page or connect with us Via Twitter, Facebook, Youtube or Telegram.