As per some recent reports, the company has started rolling out the latest F.09 update to the Realme 2 Pro units. The latest airborne update brings software version number RMX1801EX_11_F.09 to the devices.
The update is based on Android 10 (Realme UI). There are some new features being added to the new update. Some new live wallpapers and video ringtones have been added to the theme store which is just awesome for customization lovers.
This is a major bug fix update which addresses loads of bug. Along with that, it also improves the performance and stability of the device. Check the changelog below.
Manual OTA Update Guide
Realme always pushes OTA updates in batches and the OTA update notification can be found from the device Settings – Software update. If the update is not showing up on your device, then just wait as it may take up to a few days for the update to be available all the handsets.
🍕 Changelog: [Visuals] • Updated UI to realme UI
• Brand new Real Design makes visuals more attractive and operation more efficient [Smart Sidebar] • Optimized user interface and improved one-handed operation
• Optimized Smart Sidebar: Replaced File Console with File Manager; removed OSIE Visual Effect and No Notification Alerts
• Drag an app out of Smart Sidebar to open it in Split-screen Mode
• Added two new features: “Assistive Ball Opacity” and “Hide Assistive Ball on Fullscreen App”
• Optimized the Floating Window feature for more apps
• Added Bubbles: A bubble is displayed when you open an app in a floating window from the Smart Sidebar. Tap the bubble to collapse or open the app [Screenshot] • Optimized 3-Finger Screenshot Gesture: Use 3 fingers to touch and hold the screen, and swipe to take a screenshot of the selected part of the screen (partial screen capture). Use 3 fingers to touch and hold the screen, and swipe your fingers outwards to capture a long screenshot
• Added screenshot settings: You can adjust the position of the screenshot preview floating window and set the screenshot sound
• Optimized screenshot preview floating window: After taking a screenshot, drag it up and release to share it, or drag it down and release to take a long screenshot [Navigation Gestures 3.0] • Optimized gestures: All gestures are supported in landscape mode [System] • Added Focus Mode: Minimizes outside distractions when you are learning or working
• Added whole new charging animation
• Optimized the Quick Settings user interface for easier one-handed operation
• Added pause feature for screen recording
• Added a floating window and settings for screen recording
• New sounds added for file deletion, calculator key touches, and compass pointer
• Optimized system built-in ringtones
• Added TalkBack floating prompts for Accessibility
• New management feature for recent tasks: You can view memory of recent tasks and locked apps [Games] • Optimized visual interaction for Game Space
• Optimized loading animation for Game Space [Homescreen] • Added new live wallpapers
• Added artistic wallpapers
• Added option to open Global Search or the notification panel when swiping down on homescreen
• Added option to customize the size, shape, and style of app icons on homescreen
• Optimized the graphic design of password unlock to facilitate one-handed operation
• Support for animated wallpapers on the lockscreen
• Added a Simple Mode for homescreen, featuring larger fonts, icons and a clearer layout [Security] • Random MAC address Generator: When your phone is connected to Wi-Fi network system generates a random MAC address to avoid targeted ads and protect your privacy [Tools] • In Quick Settings or Smart Sidebar, you can open Calculator in a floating window
• Added the trim feature in Recordings
• Added the Weather (dynamic) ringtone, which automatically adapts to the current weather
• Added weather-adaptive animations in Weather [Camera] • Optimized the Camera UI for better user experience
• Optimized the Timer UI and sound [Photos] • Optimized the Album UI for a clearer structure and photo thumbnails
• Added Album Recommendations that recognize more than 80 different scenes [Communications] • realme Share now supports sharing files with OPPO, Vivo and Xiaomi devices
• Optimized the Contacts UI for a more efficient experience [Settings] • Search Settings now supports fuzzy match and contains a search history [Music] • Added Dual Mode Music Share in realme Lab
Manual Installation Guide – Realme 2 Pro RMX1801EX_11_F.09
Note: You can Download the Full Firmware From Realme Software Update Section
- First of all, you will need to download the firmware file for your respective device model.
- Now, simply transfer the firmware file to the phone’s internal storage via the File Manager.
- You can go to the File Manager app > Tap on it and select Update Now.
- Wait for the process to complete properly. Once done, reboot your device.
Keep visiting this blog for more info.
Rootmygalaxy a.k.a RMG was started in 2015 with a solo goal of Helping users with easy How-to guides. Slowly the website started sharing exclusive Leaks and Tech News. In these 5 years, we have been credited by the likes of Forbes, CNBC, Gizmodo, TechCrunch, Engadget, Android Authority, GSM Arena and many others. Want to know more about us? Check out our About Us page or connect with us Via Twitter, Facebook, Youtube or Telegram.