Good news for all the Xiaomi Redmi 7 users as the company has started pushing the latest Android 10 official stable update in some regions The update is rolling out in batches and will take a couple of days or so to arrive on all the Redmi 7 units. The new software update brings the latest security patch that improves the system stability and increases the system security as well.
Now, all the interested Xiaomi Redmi 7 users can easily download and install the update from this article. All the Redmi 7 users will receive the build number V184.108.40.206 QFLMIXM as Global stable ROM.
The latest Android 10 update on the top of MIUI 11 stable version brings all the goodies like dark mode, screen time management, improved app vault, improved notification panel with the status bar, improved lock screen, dynamic sounds, AOD (Always-on display), improved app permissions, enhanced location privacy control, improved camera app, overlapping images in scrolling screenshots, etc. Now, take a quick look at the update changelog below:
Changelog: Redmi 7 MIUI 11 Android 10
- Control center
- New: Swipe down from the upper left corner to open Notification shade and from the upper right corner to open Control center
- New: When Notification shade is open, swipe down from the upper right corner to open Control center
- Dark mode
- Optimization: Brightness and color improvements for wallpapers in Dark mode
- Fix: Home screen went black and started flashing after unlocking in some cases
- Stable MIUI based on Android 10
- Status bar, Notification shade
- New: Screen lights up with an animation now
- New: Status bar color gradient animation
As we’ve already mentioned that the OTA update is rolling out in a phased manner and can take some time to hit all the global and Russian units completely, you can check for the software OTA update on your handset. Go to the Settings – About phone – Software updates – Check for updates. If available, make sure to download and install the latest update.
If in case, the update notification isn’t available yet, then you can download and install the firmware update manually on your Redmi 7 from the link & guide below.
RootMyGalaxy.net is not responsible for any hardware/software issues that occur on your device(s) by following this guide. We are certain that the following guide is carefully written, avoiding any mistakes on our side. If you are unsure of the causalities that may occur if the procedure goes wrong, then please DO NOT proceed.
- Take a backup of all your data just to be on the safe side if any incident happens.
- USB Debugging must be enabled.
- Make sure that the device has more than 50% battery percentage.
- You will require a PC or Laptop and a USB cable.
Download MIUI 11 Global Stable ROM for Redmi 7:
- Redmi 7 MIUI V220.127.116.11 QFLMIXM Global Stable – Recovery ROM
Guide to Install MIUI 11 Android 10 update for Xiaomi Redmi 7
- Download the firmware file and save that in your device.
- Now, follow the guide given below to install the ROM manually
How To Install Stock Firmware on Any Xiaomi Device via Recovery or Fastboot Method
We hope that you’ve found this guide useful and successfully installed the latest MIUI 11 Android 10 update along with February 2020 patch on your Xiaomi Redmi 7 Global & Russian variant.