Follow the guide to Download and Install Lineage OS 16 On Samsung Galaxy S6 | Android 9.0 Pie. The unofficial Lineage OS 16 finally came to the Galaxy S6. There are many Galaxy devices which have already received the unofficial built of the ROM and now S6 joined that list. However, this is an early unofficial Lineage OS 16 For Samsung Galaxy S6 based on Android 9.0 Pie but the developer has claimed that the ROM is stable. Previously the device has received Lineage Os 15.1 ROM Too. Now you can download the ROM and flash Lineage OS 16 build directly via TWRP recovery If you are a Samsung Galaxy S6 user then you should try out the unofficial Lineage OS 16 On Samsung Galaxy S6. We are thankful to recognized Xda developer enesuzun2002 for the ROM.
The Samsung Galaxy S6 was the flagship device of 2015 hence it has all the top end specifications and features for that time. It comes equipped with a 5.10-inch touchscreen display with a resolution of 1440 pixels by 2560 pixels at a PPI of 577 pixels per inch. It is powered by a 1.5GHz octa-core Samsung Exynos 7420 processor coupled with 3GB of RAM. It has 32GB of internal storage (Non-expandable). The Samsung Galaxy S6 sports a 16-megapixel main camera on the back and a 5-megapixel front-facing camera. The Samsung Galaxy S6 runs Android 5.0 Lollipop out of the box and houses a 2550 mAh removable battery
As I stated before, It is an unofficial ROM. The ROM is not fully stable according to the developer and can’t be used as a daily driver. This is the first release of this unofficial Lineage OS 16 ROM For the Samsung Galaxy S6 so there are few bugs present and we are sure in future update everything will be fixed. Follow the guide carefully to Flash / Install Lineage OS 16 Pie ROM On Samsung Galaxy S6. Update Samsung Galaxy S6 to Android 9 Pie Via Lineage OS 16
- Telephony (Calls, SMS, Mobile Data)
- GPS (Plain Device Mode Works)
- Camera (Needs Improvements)
What’s not working:
- Obviously Samsung’s own features such as Samsung Pay, KNOX, Theme Center, Game Launcher, etc. won’t be ported to LineageOS. We may have our own implementation to similar functions, though.
- IMS services (VoLTE, VoWiFi, etc). Samsung has their own proprietary implementation. It is not really possible to easily port that to LineageOS.
For more details visit the official Xda development thread here
Lineage OS 16 Features | Android 9.0 Pie Features
As Lineage OS 16 is based On Android 9.0 Pie’s Source code, it has all the latest Android Oreo features and in addition to that Lineage OS also has some extra customization features.
- Digital Wellbeing – We start off with the feature that will be impacting the smartphone usage the most. Ever since smartphones became mainstream, this will be the first time Google will actually be introducing tools to learn about smartphone habits and will also help moderate parts that require attention.
The users will get to see the amount of time they are spending on apps and will also get to set timers on such apps that happen to be addictive. App icons will turn grey when the user reaches the time limit.
- Adaptive battery – Just as the name suggests, this feature will learn the usage pattern of the user and it will help turn down battery consumption by restricting apps which are rarely used.
- Gesture-based navigation – This feature has become quite a necessity after the Android devices have taken to thin bezels and notched displays. The recent page can be accessed by swiping up from the bottom.
- Slices – This new feature will be providing app functions without actually having to enter them. In fact, whenever a user will search for a particular app, the search will prompt a few quick options related to that app which will make it really easier and quicker.
- Adaptive Brightness – This feature has got an upgrade where the device will remember the times you change the brightness of your device and adjust according to the time as well as brightness.
Above are some of the main features Android 9.0 Pie (Official Lineage OS 16.0) comes with. But there are much more. Overall Lineage OS is the best Custom ROM available for Android.
- Make sure the bootloader on your device is unlocked and your device is rooted and you have a custom recovery installed.
- Make sure your device has more than 50% battery.
- Make sure you have taken a backup of your important data. Now proceed To Install Official Lineage OS 16 On Samsung Galaxy S6 .
How to Install Unofficial Lineage OS 16 On Samsung Galaxy S6 | Android 9.0 Pie
- Make sure your device is rooted and have the latest TWRP recovery installed. (Check the Pre-Requirement Section Above)
- First, download the files from the above link.
- Now transfer the downloaded files to the internal storage of your device.
- Now reboot to the TWRP recovery mode
- You need to Decrypt and Re-Encrypt Data Partition on your device
- Take a backup by selecting the option from the home screen and then your data and cache from the recovery menu.
- Now select install and then browse for the downloaded ROM file and then select it. Next flash the Gapps file and then Magisk (optional).
Once the flashing process is completed, reboot your phone and you will be booted into Official Lineage OS 16 Based on Android Pie. If you have any doubts regarding this process, feel free to comment below.
Rootmygalaxy a.k.a RMG was started in 2015 with a solo goal of Helping users with easy How-to guides. Slowly the website started sharing exclusive Leaks and Tech News. In these 5 years, we have been credited by the likes of Forbes, CNBC, Gizmodo, TechCrunch, Engadget, Android Authority, GSM Arena and many others. Want to know more about us? Check out our About Us page or connect with us Via Twitter, Facebook, Youtube or Telegram.