If you are looking for a pie based custom ROM for Sony Xperia Z, then your wait is over now. The most popular Lineage OS 16 is now made available for the Sony Xperia Z codenamed yuga. You can follow the guide to safely Install Lineage OS 16 On Sony Xperia Z | Android 9.0 Pie.
We are very thankful to Developer CyberWalkMaN for the ROM. Thee uploaded ROM file name is lineage-16.0-20191020-UNOFFICIAL-yuga.zip and it is around 408 MB in size. Always try to download the latest build of the ROM as that will be the most stable version. For more info about the ROM, please check out the source page mention at the end of the article.
Remember this build is an unofficial Lineage OS 16 For Sony Xperia Z based on Android 9.0 Pie., so there may be few bugs present. We haven’t tested the ROM on our device. So we don’t have any information about the issues in the ROM. You can check out the source page linked at the bottom of the post to know more about the ROM.
Lineage OS 16 Features | Android 9.0 Pie Features
As Lineage OS 16 is based On Android 9.0 Pie’s Source code, it has all the latest Android Oreo features and in addition to that Lineage OS also has some extra customization features.
- Make sure the bootloader on your device is unlocked and your device is rooted and you have a custom recovery installed.
- Make sure your device has more than 50% battery.
- Make sure you have taken a backup of your important data. Now proceed To Install Official Lineage OS 16 On Sony Xperia Z.
How to Install Lineage OS 16 On Sony Xperia Z | Android Pie (Unofficial)
- Make sure your device is rooted and have the latest TWRP recovery installed. (Check the Pre-Requirement Section Above)
- First, download the files from the above link.
- Now transfer the downloaded files to the internal storage of your device.
- Now reboot to the TWRP recovery by holding your power and volume down buttons together for a few seconds.
- Take a backup by selecting the option from the home screen and then your data and cache from the recovery menu.
- Now select install and then browse for the downloaded ROM file and then select it. Next flash the Gapps file and then Magisk (optional).
Once the flashing process is completed, reboot your phone and you will be booted into Official Lineage OS 16 Based on Android Pie. If you have any doubts regarding this process, feel free to comment below.
Rootmygalaxy a.k.a RMG was started in 2015 with a solo goal of Helping users with easy How-to guides. Slowly the website started sharing exclusive Leaks and Tech News. In these 5 years, we have been credited by the likes of Forbes, CNBC, Gizmodo, TechCrunch, Engadget, Android Authority, GSM Arena and many others. Want to know more about us? Check out our About Us page or connect with us Via Twitter, Facebook, Youtube or Telegram.