Google has recently released a new budget segment Pixel device called Pixel 4a that offers pretty good hardware specifications, stunning camera, better battery life, a punch-hole camera display, and more. Most of the users start loving this device due to its form factor, compact size, and loaded with better features on the top of Android 10. However, Pixel devices are also very much compatible with third-party customizations to give a new look, customized functionalities, etc. So, if you’re also a Google Pixel 4a user and want to customize it, you can check out how to unlock bootloader on Google Pixel 4a.
When it comes to the Android platform, unlocking the bootloader is the first and most important step to start customizing your Android smartphone. The bootloader is a small program or a code that runs the operating system on the device memory when the device turned on. It decides whether your device will boot into the system or stock recovery.
Once you unlock the device bootloader, you will be able to install any Custom Firmware or Recovery or enable Root access on your phone easily. Each and every smartphone OEM provides a locked bootloader for its devices due to security reasons. However, Android is an open-source platform and anyone can do customize on their handset without any limitation. But make sure that unlocking the bootloader voids device warranty and clears internal data. So, you should know what you’re doing.
Easiest way to unlock bootloader on Google Pixel 4a
Before heading over to the process, you should take a complete backup of the important data of your phone. Otherwise, the bootloader unlocking process will wipe out all the device data completely. Ensure that some times, the manufacturer warranty also voids due to the bootloader unlocking. So, check with your device manufacturer at first.
Steps to Unlock Bootloader on Pixel 4a
- First, enable Developers Options, USB Debugging, and OEM Unlock on your device. (Guide)
- Now, download the ADB & Fastboot Tool and setup on your PC.
- Next, go to the installed ADB & Fastboot Folder in the system directory on the computer. Then do Shift + Right Click to open PowerShell Window Here.
- Make sure to backup all your data as the unlocking bootloader process will delete all your data.
- Connect your device to PC using the original USB data cable.
- Boot your Pixel 4a into the bootloader mode by using the command below:
adb reboot bootloader
- Now, to unlock your phone, enter this command in the CMD:
fastboot flashing unlock
- On your phone allow the device to be unlocked (use Vol keys to navigate and Power key to select)
- Once the Google Pixel 4a is unlocked, it will restart to Bootloader mode again.
- Now, enter the following command to restart your phone into the system normally:
- You’re done. Enjoy!
Keep visiting the blog for more info.
Rootmygalaxy a.k.a RMG was started in 2015 with a solo goal of Helping users with easy How-to guides. Slowly the website started sharing exclusive Leaks and Tech News. In these 5 years, we have been credited by the likes of Forbes, CNBC, Gizmodo, TechCrunch, Engadget, Android Authority, GSM Arena and many others. Want to know more about us? Check out our About Us page or connect with us Via Twitter, Facebook, Youtube or Telegram.