In this guide, you will learn How to safely Unlock Bootloader On European LG G6 (H870).The guide is officially available by LG.Here we will be using ADB & Fastboot command.Just follow the given steps carefully to Unlock The Bootloader Of European LG G6 (H870).It is a very simple and easy process. Unlock Bootloader of LG G6 H870
The LG6 is the latest Flagship phone from LG for 2017.It is the successor to the LG G5.It comes with a new all metal body and a modular design.The device is powered by a Qualcomm MSM8996 Snapdragon 821 processor coupled with 4Gb of RAM.It sports a Dual 13 MP (f/1.8, OIS, 3-axis, phase detection AF) + 13 MP (f/2.4, no AF), dual-LED flash. Unlock Bootloader of LG G6 H870
If you want to root your device or want to install custom ROMs then unlocking the Bootloader Of any android device is the first thing to do.You can Flash modified system, boot, kernel, custom recovery(TWRP/CWM) or other .img files on your device.
Nowadays it is very simple to unlock the bootloader of android devices.Companies like Sony, Motorola, Huawei and other OEMs officially allow users to unlock the bootloader on their devices. You have to first get a unlock password from the manufacturer Website, then you can easily unlock the bootloader by issuing few ADB & Fastboot command.This article will guide you to Unlock Bootloader On European LG G6 (H870). Unlock Bootloader of LG G6 H870
Here we will be using a windows computer, so make sure you have one.
Note: Unlocking bootloader will completely wipe your device’s data(Everything like music, photos, videos & apps).So we highly recommend taking backup of your important data.
rootmygalaxy.net will not be held responsible for any kind of damage occurred to your LG G6 H870 while following this tutorial.Do it at your own risk.
Important & Pre-Requirements
*Make sure there is at least 60% battery left on your smartphone before begin started this process
→This guide is only for European LG G6 H870 don’t try on other variants
- Install USB Drivers on your computer. (LG USB Drivers)
- Enable Developer Options in the Settings application of your LG G5. To do so open Settings app >About Phone> Software Info, then tap Build Number 7 times. This will give you a toast notification saying “You are now a Developer“.
- Enable the option that says USB Debugging from developer option.You will also have to enable the option that says Enable OEM Unlocking,which can also be found in the Developer Options as well.
- Setup ADB and Fastboot on your PC. (For Windows)
- How to Install ADB and Fastboot on Mac or Linux
→ Unlock Bootloader On European LG G6 (H870)
How To Unlock Bootloader of LG G6 H870
Step By Step Guide
First read the Pre-Requirement section carefully.
- Connect your device to the PC then type the following command to Reboot your device into Bootloader mode:
adb reboot bootloader
- Now check the device id by issuing the following command in the command prompt:
fastboot oem device-id
This command will return a string.(this is the Device ID will be used to the generate unique bootloader unlock key for your device).Check the below example
Example :$ fastboot oem device-id (bootloader)----------------------------------------------------------------- (bootloader) Device-ID (bootloader) CD58B679A38D6B613ED518F37A05E013 (bootloader) F93190BD558261DBBC5584E8EF8789B1 (bootloader)-----------------------------------------------------------------
- To generate the Device ID you will have to combine two output continuous string and copy that.For the above example Device ID would be:
- Now login to LG developer website.Once you have logged into the LG Developer’s website head over to this link.(if you don’t have an LG account Register yourself at the link provided)
- From the menu, scroll down and click the Start Unlocking the Bootloader button.Accept the legal term.
- Now enter the first 15 digits of your phone’s IMEI number. You can view the IMEI number by entering *#06# on your phone
- Now click the Confirm button.If you have done everything correctly, the bootloader Unlock key will be sent to your email.
- Download and paste in the Fastboot and ADB folder
- Now unlock the bootloader by entering the following command in the command prompt:
fastboot flash unlock unlock.bin
- Now issue the following command to reboot your device
- Done!!!!Your device bootloader is now unlocked.
If you have any queries regarding this then ask in the comment section.