Following our guide, you can easily unlock the bootloader on Xiaomi Redmi 9 Power. There is a dedicated tool available to unlock the bootloader of the Xiaomi devices. Follow all the mentioned steps carefully without skipping any of those steps.
Like most of the Android smartphone, Xiaomi Redmi 9 Power also comes with a locked bootloader. But the best thing is that it can easily be unlocked with some simple steps. If you are new to rooting, then you should know that Unlocking bootloader of an android device is the first and most important step in android rooting process. First users have to unlock the bootloader, then they can install TWRP recovery via Commands. Once TWRP is installed, root can be gained by flashing the supersu or magisk via TWRP recovery.
Most of the Android devices come with a locked bootloader. Companies ship their devices with the locked bootloader to restrict users from modifying the root files of the devices. Remember, unlocking bootloader of Any Android device will void the warranty of that device.
Redmi 9 Power Specs Overview
Redmi 9 Power was launched in December 2020. It features a 6.53-inch touchscreen display with a resolution of 1080×2340 pixels. The Redmi 9 Power is driven by an octa-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 662 processor coupled with 4GB of RAM and 64 GB on-board storage which can be expanded up to 512GB via microSD card.
The Redmi 9 Power on the rear has a quad-camera setup (48+8+2+2MP). It flaunts a 8-megapixel front camera. The Redmi 9 Power runs Android 10 over the top of MIUI. It houses a 6000mAh battery non-removable battery with proprietary fast charging support.
Rootmygalaxy.net will not be held responsible for any kind of damage occurred to your Xiaomi Redmi 9 Power while following this tutorial. Proceed at your own risk.
- Make sure you have installed Xiaomi drivers on your PC.
- Download and Setup ADB and Fastboot Tools On your PC
- Follow the below Guide Exactly or else it may lead to brick your device. RootMyGalaxy.net is not responsible for any damage.
- We recommend to take complete backup and proceed.
- Maintain 50-60% battery to prevent sudden shut down between the process.
Steps to Unlock Bootloader On Xiaomi Redmi 9 Power
- Enable the Developer Option, USB Debugging and OEM Unlock (Go to Settings > About phone > MIUI Version. Click 7 times on the MIUI Version to enable the Developer Option. Now Go back to Settings > Developer Option and Enable OEM Unlock.)
- Now again go to Settings > Mi account > MI Cloud > Enable Syn and Find Device
- Now login to Mi Cloud Server to check whether your device is syn or not. If there are other devices synced with your mi cloud, remove them.
- Download Mi Unlock tool – CLICK HERE. Once you download the file, Extract the MiFlashTool Zip file
- Now Go to the extracted files and open MiFlashUnlock
- A new disclaimer page will appear, read it and click Agree
- Now you will be asked to Log in. Log in with your Mi Account, If you don’t have one then Sign UP – CLICK HERE to Sign Up
- Now boot your Xiaomi Redmi 9 Power to Fastboot/Bootloader mode and connect it to your PC via provided USB
- Your device will be shown as connected.
- Note: If a message shown on the screen that your device is not supported by Mi Unlock. Don’t worry. Just click on the Go button to continue
- Now Click On Unlock. It will show some warning, escape that. It will start the unlocking process automatically.
- Once the process is completed, reboot your device. Your device’s bootloader should be unlocked. You can check the bootloader lock status from the settings.
So that’s it for today’s simple guide. If you have any question regarding this post, feel free to leave that in the comment section down below.