In this guide, you will learn How To Unroot & Return Back To Stock ROM Htc Desire 816.You can fix soft bricked Htc Desire 816 and return back to stock Firmware / ROM following this guide.The procedure is very simple and easy.Just Follow every step carefully to revert back to stock firmware on Htc Desire 816 With the Latest RUU easily.
Htc Desire 816 is a mid-range device from Htc.As its an 1.5-year-old device, there are many developments happening around it.There are many Custom ROMs & Kernel available for the device.If you have a rooted Htc Desire 816 and now you want to unroot it or just want to return to the stock Htc Sense Firmware, then you are at the right place
Following this Guide, you can Safely Restore Stock Firmware On HTC Desire 816, but remember this will also lock your bootloader and flash the stock recovery on your device.You can also Fix boot loop and soft bricked Htc Desire 816.
→ How To Unroot & Return To Stock ROM Htc Desire 816
*Make sure there is at least 50% battery left on your smartphone before beginning this process
Full Guide To Safely Unroot & Return To Stock ROM Htc Desire 816
rootmygalaxy.net will not be held responsible for any kind of damage occurred to your Htc Desire 816 while following this tutorial.Do it at your own risk.
- Install Htc USB Drivers On your Pc.Download Link
- This is Only For HTC Desire 816.Only, so don’t try on other devices
- Bootloader Must be unlocked.Guide link is given above
- Enable developer option.To Do So Go to Setting–>>About Phone–>>Build number–>>Tap 7 times.Now return back to the main setting you can find the developer option there.
- Open Settings> Developer options and enable USB Debugging on your device
→ Manually Unroot & Return To Stock ROM Htc Desire 816 With the Latest RUU
Download the stock RUU ROM For Htc Desire 816 here.
– do not extract the ROM zip file
How To Unroot & Return To Stock ROM Htc Desire 816
Step By Step Guide
- Download the RUU File from the download section above
- Now Open Command prompt from the Fastboot folder.(Hold Shift and right-click inside the Fastboot folder where it’s an empty white area and choose to open the command prompt window from the menu)
- Now connect your device to the PC via USB
- Type the following command in the command prompt:
adb reboot fastboot
- Wait for the device to boot up in fastboot mode. (if you have installed Htc USB drivers and fast boot then it will)
- Type your next command:
fastboot oem lock
- Now your device’s bootloader is locked up. Now it’s time to flash your stock ROM.
- Unplug the Desire 816 from the computer and reconnect it; you might need to re-enable the USB Debugging Mode.
- Then type this command in command prompt:
adb reboot fastboot
- Wait for the Desire 816 to reboot back in fastboot mode.
- Now issue the following command:
fastboot flash zip filename.zip
– change the “filename” part of the code with the real file name of your ROM zip file.
- The command prompt will now flash that stock ROM back on your HTC Desire 816 device
- Done!!! Now you have an Unrooted, bootloader locked Htc Desire 816 running stock Firmware.
If you have any questions related to this post, feel free to ask in the comment section below.
Rootmygalaxy a.k.a RMG was started in 2015 with a solo goal of Helping users with easy How-to guides. Slowly the website started sharing exclusive Leaks and Tech News. In these 5 years, we have been credited by the likes of Forbes, CNBC, Gizmodo, TechCrunch, Engadget, Android Authority, GSM Arena and many others. Want to know more about us? Check out our About Us page