The official Xiaomi Redmi 6 and 6A Stock Firmwares are now available and can be downloaded. So if you are a Redmi 6 or Redmi 6A user and looking for Stock Firmware (stock ROM) of the device, then we have landed on the right page. You can download the firmware files from the download section below. We also have given the installation guide which will help users to manually install the firmware
About Redmi 6A
Xiaomi’s entry-level smartphone, Xiaomi Redmi 6A was launched in June 2018. The phone comes equipped with a 5.45-inch touchscreen display (720 pixels by 1440P). The Xiaomi Redmi 6A houses a 3000mAh non-removable battery and it is a great thing considering the device only has a 720P display. The device can easily last a whole day.
The Xiaomi Redmi 6A is powered by a 2GHz quad-core Mediatek Helio A22 processor coupled with 2GB of RAM and 16GB of internal storage that can be expanded up to 256GB via a microSD card. The device runs Android 8.1 Oreo at the top of Xiaomi’s MIUI. The Xiaomi Redmi 6A sports a 13-megapixel (f/2.2) primary camera on the rear and a 5-megapixel front camera.
About ROMs In Android Ecosystem
Android is an open source platform so it allows users to replace the stock ROM or re-installed the operating system with any compatible third-party ROMs. In computer language, the ROM stands for READ ONLY MEMORY that means you can not edit or delete the ROM. However, when it comes to Android there is a different meaning for the ROM. In Android, it means firmware of the device. Installing ROM on the Android device is as same as installing an operating system on a computer device.
In the Android Ecosystem, there are two types of ROMs or Firmware exists. One is Stock Firmware which is provided by the manufacturer and comes pre-installed with the device and the second one is Custom ROM which is developed by third-party developers or team. Most of the cases, Stock Firmware is more stable compared to the Custom ROMs whereas Custom ROMs provides more features and updates compared to the Stock ROM
Install Official Stock ROM On Xiaomi Redmi 6 and 6A (Back to stock, Unbrick, Unroot and Fix Bootloop)
There are loads of benefits of having the stock ROM of an Android device. You can Fix Bootloop and Black screen issue by flashing back the stock firmware. If you are facing some software related issues, then you can flash the stock ROM to fix that. You can Unbrick and unroot your device by flashing back the stock firmware which will give you your device’s warranty back.
Stock ROM and What are its benefit
Stock ROM’s are the ones that come pre-installed on phones or tablets. These are the versions of Android developed by the OEM’s for making their phones look unique. They also come pre-installed with certain apps.
The reason for the usage of Custom ROM’s over Stock ROM’s are:
1) Security: These ROM’s are developed by big companies and hence there are fewer chances of malware/ virus affecting the phone.
2) Warranty: Installing a Custom ROM needs root access and this voids warranty of your smartphone in most cases. A lot of OEM’s do not allow the root access or customization.
3) Pre-installed apps and features: A lot of these ROM’s come with pre-installed apps which are sometimes useful. These apps vary between different manufacturers and even for models. Some OEM’s also give their customers premium features like Launchers, wallpapers, home screen, etc.
The Advantages Of Xiaomi Redmi 6 and 6A ’s Stock Firmware
- Flash Stock To Unbrick your Xiaomi Redmi 6 and 6A
- Flash Stock ROM to Fix the bootloop problem.
- Upgrade and Downgrade Xiaomi Redmi 6 and 6A
- Unroot or Fix Bugs on your phone.
- To fix the lag or stutter on Xiaomi Redmi 6 and 6A
- Revert back to stock to gain your warranty.
RootMyGalaxy.net is not responsible for any damage happened to your device(s) while following this guide so please proceed at your own risk. However, we would be happy to help with any problems within our reach
- Make sure battery percentage is more than 60%
- Install ADB & Fastboot drivers on your computer. Guide: For Windows or For Mac or Linux
- Now Enable Developer option.
- Create a backup of your device’s data
Redmi 6 and 6A Stock Firmware:
|Global Stable ROM||9.0|
- Download the firmware file and save that in your device
- Now follow the guide given below to install the ROM manually (follow the recovery ROM (zip) guide)
Note: Please visit the MIUI forums for more details about the update of Xiaomi Redmi 6 and 6A
Hope you are clear with the installation guide. If you have any queries please leave a comment below.
Rootmygalaxy a.k.a RMG was started in 2015 with a solo goal of Helping users with easy How-to guides. Slowly the website started sharing exclusive Leaks and Tech News. In these 5 years, we have been credited by the likes of Forbes, CNBC, Gizmodo, TechCrunch, Engadget, Android Authority, GSM Arena and many others. Want to know more about us? Check out our About Us page or connect with us Via Twitter, Facebook, Youtube or Telegram.