In rthis step b step guide you will learn How To Safely Flash /Install A Custom ROM Via TWRP Recovery Or CyanogenMod Recovery (CWM Recovery) On Any Android device.You can use this guide to install any other third party ROM (e.g: Carbon ROM,Chroma ROM and otehr AOSP ROM).So just follow the steps given below to Flash / Install A Custom ROM Via Recovery On Any Android devices
Note:- This guide is not for a single device.You can follow this guide to install / Flash any Custom AOSP ROMs On any android device having TWRP / CWM custom recovery on it.Make sure that you have the right ROM for your device.
This is a very simple and easy process.Make sure your device’s bootloader is unlocked and your device has CWM / TWRP recovery.Then just flash the Custom ROM Zip file via TWRP / CWM recovery.Don’t worry we will be sharing all the steps so follow them carefully.
If you want to Install / Flash CM13 ROM then follow this guide > How to Install CM13 (CyanogenMod 13) Via CWM / TWRP Recovery
If you don’t have TWRP On your android then install it Or Follow this guide–>>How to Install TWRP Recovery via Fastboot On Any Android Device
For Samsung devices–>>How to Install TWRP Recovery On Samsung Devices Using Odin
Important: Remember after installing the custom ROM you have to separately install the Gapps pack
For CyanogenMod 13 (CM13) ROMs.Go To The Link Below↓
(If you have CM 13 ROM On your device then above Gapps is the way to Go)
For Other Marshmallow ROMs download the Gapps given below↓
→ DOWNLOAD GOOGLE GAPPS FOR All ANDROID 6.0 MARSHMALLOW ROMS (All Gapps are Included Like Mini/ Full/ Compressed)
How To Install A Custom ROM Via Recovery On Any Android
Step By Step guide
Guide to Install A Custom ROM Using TWRP recovery:
→ Before Flashing any ROM, we highly recommend taking a nandroid backup via TWRP recovery.Guide > How To Create & Restore Nandroid Backup On Android Devices
- Download and transfer the ROM and Gapps file to your device’s internal storage / External storage (if expandable storgae option available)
- Boot your device into TWRP recovery.Guide How To to Boot Into Recovery Mode On Android (Various Ways)
- Select “Wipe” from TWRP main menu and do a “Swipe to Factory Reset” on the bottom of screen.
- Go back to TWRP main menu, tap on “Install” and select the ROM .zip file that you transferred to your device in Step 1.
- After selecting the .zip file, do “Swipe to Confirm Flash” on the bottom of screen to begin the custom ROM installation process. This may take some time.
- Once your ROM is successfully flashed, you’ll see “Wipe cache/dalvik” option, select it and then do “Swipe to wipe” on bottom of screen.
- Now flash the Gapps file similarly like you flashed the ROM file.
- After flashing both ROM and Gapps, Reboot your device.
Using Clock Work Mode Recovery (CWM):
- Download the custom ROM and put it in the Internal/external memory of your device (remember the path)
- Boot your device into CWM recovery.Guide How To to Boot Into Recovery Mode On Android (Various Ways)
- Take a NANDROID backup of your ROM (Important)
- From Recovery screen, select “Backup and Restore”
- Now select “Backup” to start the nandroid backup process.
After the backup is done, navigate back to main recovery screen.
- Now select “wipe data/factory reset” option. When it asks for confirmation, select “Yes” to confirm data wipe process.
- Then return back to main recovery menu. Now you will install the ROM zip file that you placed to SD card / Internal memory of your device in step 1.
- Select option “install zip from sdcard” then choose the ROM Zip file.When it asks for confirmation, select “Yes” to start installation
- Once the installation is completed, reboot your device.
- Then Install the Gapps using the same steps.
Using Cyanogen recovery:(It is a stock recovery comes with CyanogenOS)
→ This is only for the devices which are running on Cyanogen OS (Like OnePlus One)
- Download and transfer the ROM and Marshmallow Gapps file to your device’s internal storage / External storage (if expandable storage option available)
- Boot your device into Cyanogen recovery.Guide How To to Boot Into Recovery Mode On Android (Various Ways)
- Now follow this guide to flash the ROM file via Cyanogen Stock recovery.Guide > How to Install OTA Updates Zip File Via Stock Recovery
If you have any question related to this post, feel free to leave that in the comment section.