Easily Unlock Bootloader On Xiaomi Redmi Y2: Xiaomi has set the smartphone market on fire by launching some of the great entry range smartphones. The Xiaomi Redmi Y2 is one of them. Xiaomi Redmi Y2 is an entry-level Android smartphone from Xiaomi. It is also known as Xiaomi Redmi S2 in some markets. The Xiaomi Redmi Y2comes equipped with a 5.99-inch touchscreen display with a resolution of 720 pixels by 1440 pixels. The device sports a 12-megapixel rear and a 16-megapixel front camera. The camera on this device performs well and it is one of the best in this price range.
The Xiaomi Redmi Y2 is powered by 2GHz octa-core Qualcomm MSM8953 Snapdragon 625 processor coupled with 3GB of RAM and 32GB of internal storage that can be expanded up to 256GB via a microSD card. It runs Android 8.1 Oreo out of the box and houses a Non-removable Li-Po 3080 mAh battery. As the device has a 720P display, with this capacity it can go through a whole day.
Like most of the Android smartphone, Redmi Y2 also comes with an unlockable bootloader. If you are new to rooting, then you should know that Unlocking bootloader of an android device is the first and most important step in android rooting process. First users have to unlock the bootloader, then they can install TWRP recovery via Commands. Once TWRP is installed, root can be gained by flashing the supersu or magisk via TWRP recovery.
Rootmygalaxy.net will not be held responsible for any kind of damage occurred to your Redmi Y2 while following this tutorial. Proceed at your own risk.
- Make sure you have installed Xiaomi drivers on your PC.
- Download and Setup ADB and Fastboot Tools On your PC
- Follow the below Guide Exactly or else it may lead to brick your device. RootMyGalaxy.net is not responsible for any damage.
- We recommend to take complete backup and proceed.
- Maintain 50-60% battery to prevent sudden shutdown between the process.
How to Unlock Bootloader On Xiaomi Redmi Y2
- Enable the Developer Option, USB Debugging and OEM Unlock (Go to Settings > About phone > MIUI Version. Click 7 times on the MIUI Version to enable the Developer Option. Now Go back to Settings > Developer Option and Enable OEM Unlock.)
- Now again go to Settings > Mi account > MI Cloud > Enable Syn and Find Device
- Now login to Mi Cloud Server to check whether your device is syn or not. If there are other device syned with your mi cloud, remove them.
- Download Mi Unlock tool – CLICK HERE. Once you download the file, Extract the MiFlashTool Zip file
- Now Go to the extracted files and open MiFlashUnlock
- A new disclaimer page will appear, read it and click Agree
- Now you will be asked to Log in. Log in with your Mi Account, If you don’t have one then Sign UP – CLICK HERE to Sign Up
- Now boot your Redmi Y2 to Fastboot/Bootloader mode and connect it to your PC via provided USB
- Your device will be shown as connected.
- Now Click On Unlock. It will show some warning, escape that. It will start the unlocking process automatically.
- Once the process is completed, reboot your device. Your device’s bootloader should be unlocked. You can check the bootloader lock status from the settings.
For rooting check out > How To Root Xiaomi Redmi Y2 and Install TWRP Recovery
So that’s it for today’s simple guide. If you have any question regarding this post, feel free to leave that in the comment section down below 🙂