Good news for Moto X Play (lux) users as an Android 11 based AOSP ROM (MalluOS) has been released for Motorola Moto X Play. If you are a fan of Pixel UI or vanilla stock Android’s look, then this ROM is for you. It is a very lightweight and fast ROM.
Recently Google released the stable version of Android 11 to its pixel line up and many other OEMs like OnePlus and Samsung have also rolled out beta builds of their Android 11 firmware. But thankfully developers have also started working on Android 11 based Custom ROMs which is a great sign and we are seeing Android 11 based ROMs already.
There is no doubt that Android is the most popular and most loved smartphone OS in the world. Due to the Open Source Project, Android OS customization and development become sky-high. While AOSP source code helps the developers to build Custom ROMs easily for each and every Android device model. This ensures the compatibility, stability of the ROM and its features as well for a particular device
We would like to thank althafvly for sharing the Android 11-based AOSP ROM For Motorola Moto X Play. Now follow the guide to Install AOSP Android 11 ROM On Motorola Moto X Play (Android 11).
Android 11 Features
Android 11 is the latest offering from Google and its the successor to the Android 10 (Q). Below we have shared some of the main features of Android 11.
- Scheduled Dark Mode
- Smart Reply & Smart Folders
- Improved App Suggestions
- Conversations Notification
- Built-in Screen Recording
- Pin Apps to Sharing Menu
- Improved Voice Access (Accessibility)
- Bluetooth Active in Airplane Mode
- Improved Privacy & Security Features
- A New Power Menu
- Redesigned Device Controls
- Redesigned Music Control
- One-Time App Permissions
- Permissions Auto-Reset
- Chat Bubbles
- Notification History
- Wireless Android Auto
- Google Play System Update (Security Patch)
- Talkback braille keyboard
- Improved Lookout Mode
- Improved Camera features (Bokeh Mode, Built-in HAL, and Camera2 API support)
- Enhanced Digital Wellbeing
- Improved Enterprise Mode
- Improved Autofill Keyboard Suggestions
- Nearby Share
- Scoped Storage
- Resume on Reboot
- Blocked Permissions
- Soft Reboot
- Background Location
- Improved Call Screening (Identify Spams)
- Picture-in-picture mode
- 5G detection API
- Hinge angle sensor support
- Ethernet tethering
- Gesture sensitivity
How to Install AOSP Android 11 on Motorola Moto X Play
The installation is pretty simple and easy. If you have installed any custom ROM before then you will have no issue flashing the ROM as the process is exactly the same. But before proceeding to the installation let me clear that this build is in the very early stage which means there will be bugs and many functions may not work properly. So we do recommend not to flash the ROM on your primary device.
- Camera (and flashlight)
- Battery LED
- Telephony (Calls and Data)
- Audio (Record and Playback)
- Video Playback
- HW crypto
- Maybe more
- Enable USB Debugging on your Motorola Moto X Play. Settings > About Phone > Tap on Build Number 7 times > Go back to Settings > System > Advanced > Developer Options > Enable USB Debugging
- Make sure the bootloader on your device is unlocked and your device is rooted and you have a custom recovery installed.
- Make sure your device has more than 50% battery.
- Make sure you have taken a backup of your important data. Now proceed To Install Havoc OS Android 11 ROM On your Galaxy device
- Make sure that you have installed TWRP recovery on your Android device.
RootMyGalaxy.net is not responsible for any damage happened to your device(s) while following this guide, proceed at your own risk.
Downloads For (Motorola Moto X Play)
[su_highlight background=”#78ffb1″ color=”#16181b”] Note: If the download link is broken, check the development page and download the newer version from there [/su_highlight]
Steps To Install AOSP Android 11 ROM On Motorola Moto X Play | Android 11 Update
- Make sure your device is rooted and have the latest TWRP recovery installed. (Check the Pre-Requirement Section Above)
- First, download the files from the above link and extract them
- Now transfer the downloaded files to the internal storage of your device.
- Now reboot to the TWRP recovery
- Take a nandroid backup by selecting the option from the home screen and then your data and cache from the recovery menu.
- Now return to the main menu of TWRP and wipe cache, data, and system before flashing the ROM
- In order to Wipe data: Go to Wipe —> Advanced Wipe and select Dalvik/ART cache, cache, System, Vendor, and Data and then swipe to wipe. (Don’t select the internal storage)
- Now return to the main menu of TWRP again and install the ROM which is just a .zip file
- Go to Install -> Install Zip > ROM File (.zip)
- Next flash the Gapps file like custom ROMs
- Last but not least, flash Magisk (optional) if you want to root (not recommended as all devices have different methods)
Once the flashing process is completed, reboot your phone and you will be booted into AOSP ROM Based on Android 11. If you have any doubts regarding this process, feel free to comment below.