OnePlus 3 and 3T were launched in 2016 with Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow and later the device got 2 major Android updates but thanks to the awesome developer’s community now the device can be updated to the very best Android 11. Here you will find all the Android 11 based ROMs (AOSP)
Thankfully the OnePlus 3 and 3T has received some of the popular Android 11 based ROM. Here we will be sharing download links as well as installation guides so that you can easily download and install Android 11 on OnePlus 3 and 3T
What is AOSP ROM?
AOSP is also known as the Android Open Source Project. Recently, Google has uploaded the newly launched Android 11 source code to AOSP so that all the custom firmware developers can start developing and providing Android 11 based custom ROM for the compatible Android devices.
Android 11 Features
Now, before heading over to the firmware details and flashing steps, let’s take a quick look at the Android 11 features below.
- Scheduled Dark Mode
- Smart Reply & Smart Folders
- Improved App Suggestions
- Conversations Notification
- Built-in Screen Recording
- Pin Apps to Sharing Menu
- Improved Voice Access (Accessibility)
- Bluetooth Active in Airplane Mode
- Improved Privacy & Security Features
- A New Power Menu
- Redesigned Device Controls
- Redesigned Music Control
- One-Time App Permissions
- Permissions Auto-Reset
- Chat Bubbles
- Notification History
- Wireless Android Auto
- Google Play System Update (Security Patch)
- Talkback braille keyboard
- Improved Lookout Mode
- Improved Camera features (Bokeh Mode, Built-in HAL, and Camera2 API support)
- Enhanced Digital Wellbeing
- Improved Enterprise Mode
- Improved Autofill Keyboard Suggestions
- Nearby Share
- Scoped Storage
- Resume on Reboot
- Blocked Permissions
- Soft Reboot
- Background Location
- Improved Call Screening (Identify Spams)
- Picture-in-picture mode
- 5G detection API
- Hinge angle sensor support
- Ethernet tethering
- Gesture sensitivity
OnePlus 3 and 3T: Download/Install AOSP Android 11 ROM
The installation is pretty simple and easy. If you have installed any custom ROM before then you will have no issue flashing the ROM as the process is exactly the same. But before proceeding to the installation let me clear that this build is in the very early stage which means there will be bugs and many functions may not work properly. So, we do recommend not to flash the ROM on your primary device.
- Enable USB Debugging on your OnePlus 3 and 3T. Settings > About Phone > Tap on Build Number 7 times > Go back to Settings > System > Advanced > Developer Options > Enable USB Debugging.
- Also, enable the OEM Unlock from the Developer Options.
- Make sure the bootloader on your device is unlocked and your device is rooted and you have a custom recovery installed.
- Make sure your device has more than 50% battery.
- Make sure you have taken a backup of your important data. Now proceed to install AOSP ROM (Android 11) on your OnePlus 3 and 3T device.
- Make sure that you have installed TWRP recovery on your Android device.
Must Read: How To Install Lineage OS 17.1 On OnePlus 3/3T | Android 10 Q
RootMyGalaxy.net is not responsible for any damage happened to your device(s) while following this guide, proceed at your own risk.
Download Link (Android 11 ROMs list)
- Pixel Experience 11.0: Download | XDA Development page
- HavocOS 4.0: Download | XDA Development page
- DerpFest 11.0: Download | XDA Development page
- HavocOS 4.0: Download | XDA Development page
- ArrowOS 11.0: Download | XDA Development page
Note: More ROMs will be added once available
- Download Android 11 Gapps
- Download latest Magisk (If you want root access)
Steps to Install Android 11 On OnePlus 3 and 3T (Custom ROMs -AOSP)
- Make sure your device is rooted and have the latest TWRP recovery installed. (Check the Pre-Requirement Section Above)
- First, download the files from the above link and extract them
- Now transfer the downloaded files to the internal storage of your device.
- Now reboot to the TWRP recovery
- Take a Nandroid backup by selecting the option from the home screen and then your data and cache from the recovery menu.
- Now return to the main menu of TWRP and wipe cache, data, and system before flashing the ROM
- In order to Wipe data: Go to Wipe —> Advanced Wipe and select Dalvik/ART cache, cache, System, Vendor, and Data and then swipe to wipe. (Don’t select the internal storage)
- Now return to the main menu of TWRP again and install the ROM which is just a .zip file
- Go to Install -> Install Zip > ROM File (.zip)
- Next flash the Gapps file like custom ROMs
- Last but not least, flash Magisk (optional) if you want to root (not recommended as all devices have different methods)
Once the flashing process is completed, reboot your phone and you will be booted into AOSP ROM Based on Android 11. If you have any doubts regarding this process, feel free to comment below.