Here we are sharing a detailed guide to Install Lineage OS 17.1 On OnePlus 3/3T | Android 10 (codenamed OnePlus 3). This is really a great thing as both these devices are very old and still getting regular support from the developer community. A few months ago, OnePlus 3 received the Lineage OS 17 ROM and now both OnePlus 3 and 3T are getting the Lineage OS 17.1.
The available ROM is in its early development stage so don’t flash it on your primary device as of now but if you want to experience Android 10, then you can give it a try. The available ROM file name is lineage-17.1-20200112-UNOFFICIAL-oneplus3.zip and it is uploaded by dianlujitao, so we are really thankful to him. The file is around 615.2MB
As I have mentioned above, It is an unofficial ROM. The ROM is not fully stable according to the developer and can’t be used as a daily driver. There will be few bugs present in this build but the developer is working on the ROM and we are sure in coming days, all the bugs will be fixed. As of now, there is no information on what’s working and what’s not in this ROM.
Lineage OS 17.1 Features | Android 10 Features
Now let’s talk about Lineage OS 17.1 features and the release date. The official release date of Lineage OS 17.1.0 is unknown. But the ROM will have all the Android 10 features as it will be based on Android 10 (Q) source code. It will have a totally new UI like Android 10 and the most hyped feature of Android 10 system-wide force dark theme will also be available on the ROM
- A system-wide dark mode
- Smart Reply for all messaging apps.
- New easy sharing menu.
- Quicker access to settings.
- A standard depth format.
- Overhauled permissions.
- Wi-Fi sharing via QR codes
- Focus Mode
As Lineage OS 17.1 is based On Android 10’s Source code, it has all the latest Android 10 features and in addition to that Lineage OS also has some extra customization features.
- Make sure the bootloader on your device is unlocked and your device is rooted and you have a custom recovery installed.
- Make sure your device has more than 50% battery.
- Make sure you have taken a backup of your important data. Now proceed To Install Official Lineage OS 17.1 On OnePlus 3/3T.
- Lineage OS 17.1 for OnePlus 3/3T: Download Link
Note: For the latest information and latest download link check out the official Xda thread here
How to Install Unofficial Lineage OS 17.1 On OnePlus 3/3T | Android 10
- Make sure your device is rooted and have the latest TWRP recovery installed.
- First, download the files from the above link.
- Now transfer the downloaded files to the internal storage of your device.
- Now reboot to the TWRP recovery by holding your power and volume down buttons together for a few seconds.
- Take a backup by selecting the option from the home screen and then your data and cache from the recovery menu.
- Now select install and then browse for the downloaded ROM file and then select it. Next flash the Gapps file and then Magisk (optional).
Once the flashing process is completed, reboot your phone and you will be booted into Official Lineage OS 17.1 Based on Android 10. If you have any doubts regarding this process, feel free to comment below.