Realme has been busy rolling out the Android 12 updates and now two more devices have been added to the list. Realme has started rolling out the stable Android 12 update for the Realme 9i and Realme X7 5G handsets. The OEM has started sharing the details for the update on its community forum. According to the information, the update for Realme 9i comes with the build number RMX34991_11.C.03 while it is RMX3092_11.F.04 for Realme X7 5G
For installing the update, your device needs to be running on the software version RMX2121_11.C.08. It will weigh slightly more for the non-beta users, and you’ll be able to upgrade your handset by connecting to a high-speed Wi-Fi connection.
Changelog for the Realme UI 3.0 update for Realme 9i and Realme X7 5G
- The new design emphasizes a sense of space while delivering a clean and comfortable visual and interactive experience.
- Adds the Smart Assistant widget to showcase key information of apps while providing instant access to functions.
- The page layout has been revamped and it is based on the principle to reduce visual noise. Moreover, it prioritizes the information with different colors for making the key information stand out.
Security and privacy
- Optimizes the spam block rules while also adding the rule to block MMS messages.
- Privacy-related functions including passwords, privacy protection, and emergency calls can be found in the Phone Manager.
- The update will add Quick launch, a feature that will detect the apps you’re using frequently while pre-loading them such that they can be opened quickly.
- Improved the responsiveness to turn on or off Wi-Fi, Airplane mode, Bluetooth, and NFC.
- Adds the chart for displaying your battery usage.
- Optimizes the auto brightness algorithm for adapting screen brightness for a more comfortable screen reading experience.
How to update your Realme 9i and Realme X7 5G?
You can manually download and install this update by going to your device’s settings. For doing that, follow these simple instructions –
- Open the Settings
- Click on System and Updates
- Now, open Software Update
- Tap on the option Check for Updates
- If the update is available, simply click on Download and Install
- Once the installation is finished, reboot your Realme 9i or Realme X7 5G
Alternatively, you could manually request software updates through the “My Huawei” app. In order to do that, open the “My Huawei app”, tap on the “Update” option, then select the “Check for Updates” option, and finally “Download and Install”.