Download/Install Android 8.1 Oreo On Galaxy S9 / S9 Plus [crDroidAndroid-8.1 ROM]: Like every year, Samsung released 2 flagship devices this year too. Both the Samsung Galaxy S9 and S9 Plus have the high-end specs and features. The Samsung Galaxy S9 was released in February 2018. It comes equipped with a 5.80-inch touchscreen display with a resolution of 1440 pixels by 2960 pixels. It is powered by a 1.7 GHz octa-core Samsung Exynos 9810 processor coupled with 4 GB of RAM. It runs Android 8.0 Oreo out-of-the-box. This device has 64 GB of internal storage which can be expanded up to 256 via microSD.The Samsung Galaxy S9 sports a 12-megapixel primary camera on the rear and an 8-megapixel camera on the front.
On the other hand, the Samsung Galaxy S9 Plus comes equipped with a 6.2-inch touchscreen display with a resolution of 1440 pixels by 2960 pixels. It is powered by a 1.7 GHz octa-core Samsung Exynos 9810 processor coupled with 6 GB of RAM. It runs Android 8.0 Oreo out-of-the-box. This device has 64 GB of internal storage which can be expanded up to 256 via microSD.The Samsung Galaxy S9 Plus sports a 12-megapixel primary camera on the rear and an 8-megapixel camera on the front. It is IP68 certified water and dust proof.
The best thing about Android is the customization options it has. Users can root their device to use them to their fullest potential. Once a device is rooted, you can install Custom MODs, Kernels and ROMs.There are tons of Custom ROMs available for Android devices Like Carbon ROM, crDroid, Resurrection and Lineage Os. Users can update their old devices to the newest version of Androids which are not officially supported.
Your device should have root access and TWRP recovery should also be installed to install this latest ROM. The download links and installation procedure is given with this article please read through. With the Android 8.1 ROM, you will also need to download the latest Gapps supported by Android 8.1 Oreo to have the full experience. Remember to follow all the steps carefully to avoid any bricking devices kind of situations. Now follow the guide to get Android 8.1 Oreo On Galaxy S9 / S9 Plus [crDroidAndroid-8.1 ROM]
But remember these are initial releases so may have some bugs but in future updates, everything will be fixed. So if you are interested, you can install this ROM on your device by following this guide. We have left some steps for you to be able to learn How to Download and Install crDroidAndroid-8.1 ROM On Galaxy S9 / S9 Plus (Android 8.1 Oreo ROM)
Check Out Our Full ROM List
RootMyGalaxy.net is not responsible for any hardware/software issues that occur on your device(s) by following this guide. We are certain that the following guide is carefully written, avoiding any mistakes on our side. If you are unsure of the causalities that may occur if the procedure goes wrong, then please don’t proceed.
- This guide is for the Galaxy S9 / S9 Plus only.
- A complete nandroid backup of your device is recommended, in case something goes wrong. Guide: How To Create & Restore Nandroid Backup On Android Devices (rooted users) and How to Backup Important Data On Android (Non rooted users)
- Make sure your device is charged at least up to 60%, to prevent unexpected shutdowns in the process.
- Before you begin with the tutorial, make sure that ‘USB Debugging‘ is enabled from Settings > Developer Options.
- crDroid OS Oreo 8.1 ROM (S9)
- crDroid OS Oreo 8.1 ROM (S9 Plus) || Uploader: crdroidandroid (AFH)
- UnOfficial GApps For 8.1 ROMs
Steps To Install Android 8.1 Oreo On Galaxy S9 / S9 Plus [crDroidAndroid-8.1 ROM]
- Download the ROM file as well as the GApps file, and transfer it onto your Galaxy S9 / S9 Plus using your data cable.
- Reboot your Galaxy S9 / S9 Plus into the recovery mode. Guide: How To to Boot Into Recovery Mode On Android (Various Ways)
- Now, follow this in-depth guide to learn How to Download and Install Resurrection Remix on your device: How To Install A Custom ROM Via Recovery On Any Android
- Return back to the TWRP menu, and reboot your device.
Good going! You’ve now learnt How to Download and Install Resurrection Remix on Galaxy S9 / S9 Plus. If you have any queries, feel free to hit us down in the comments section below. Also, we would love to hear what’s your favourite feature in the newest build of the ROM which is built off of Android 8.1 Oreo!