Android 8.1 Oreo On OnePlus 2 (Pixel-Experience ROM): OnePlus 2 was the major flagship of the OnePlus company. It’s been more than two years since OnePlus released OnePlus 2. OnePlus already stopped updates for OnePlus 2 device, while the device has the capability of tasting the latest versions. But the developer all over the world made it possible to taste latest versions of the Android operating system via custom ROMs.
The Android 8.1 Oreo is the latest version from the Google labs. With the release of new Android 8.1 Oreo, the parallel thing that happens is the development of the Custom ROM which essentially acts as a wrapper to the underlying Android version. The Android 8.1 Oreo is packed with new Wallpaper Themes, Redesigned Power Menu, new Shutdown and boot Animation, Pixel 2 Launcher, Round Statusbar Icons, and Settings.
As this is the initial stage of development, the official builds are not yet released. This build may not work as a daily driver as you expect. As official builds are under development, you can wait until official release. But if you can to test this Android 8.1 Oreo on OnePlus 2 and taste the latest Android 8.1 Oreo features. Follow the below step by step guide to install Android 8.1 Oreo on OnePlus 2 (Pixel-Experience ROM). Thanks to the XDA senior developer Shreesha.Murthy. The good thing about this Pixel-Experience ROM is this ROM comes with Gapps included, so you no need install Gapps separately.
- Make sure the bootloader on your device is unlocked, and your device is rooted, and you have a custom recovery installed.
Steps to install Android 8.1 Oreo on OnePlus 2 (Pixel-Experience ROM)
- Make sure your device is rooted and have the latest TWRP recovery installed. (Check the Pre-Requirement Section Above)
- First, download the files from the above link.
- Now transfer the downloaded files to the internal storage of your device.
- Now reboot to the TWRP recovery by holding your power and volume down buttons together for a few seconds.
- Take a backup by selecting the option from the home screen and then your data and cache from the recovery menu.
- Now select install and then browse for the downloaded ROM file and then select it. Next flash the Gapps file and then Magisk (optional).