In this tutorial, you will learn How to download & Flash / Install Android Marshmallow On Xperia Z2 Via AOSP ROM.Now there is an AOSP ROM available for Xperia Z2 which is really a very good news.The ROM is based on latest Android 6.0 Marshmallow.Follow the step by step guide below to Flash Android Marshmallow On Xperia Z2
Sony is not good at updating their device to latest firmware.Xperia Z2 was updated to Android Lollipop 5.1.1 recently.According to Sony’s announcement, Xperia Z2 is also going to get the Marshmallow Update (Official), but the time is unknown.It may come next year mid.So you only have one option if you want to try Marshmallow on your Sony Z2 and that is Custom ROMs.
The AOSP ROM is developed by rcstar6696, Senior Member from Xda.The ROM is in its development stage and this is the first release of the ROM so there will be bugs but we are sure in future updates everything will be fixed.Below we share bugs list
What’s not working / Bugs
– Camera not Working
– Video playback colour calibration is wrong ( use MX player and it will work but not all apps can use MX player to play Videos)
All other seems to Work for now
→ Flash Android Marshmallow On Xperia Z2
rootmygalaxy.net will not be held responsible for any kind of damage occurred to your Xperia Z2 while following this tutorial.Do it at your own risk.
- Only for Xperia Z2
- Download and install Minimal ADB and Fastboot drivers on your computer.
- Install Sony USB drivers On your PC
Follow the guide below to download & Install Android Marshmallow On Xperia Z2 Via AOSP ROM
Download Sirius image boot.img
How to Flash / Install Android Marshmallow On Xperia Z2 (AOSP ROM)
Step By Step Guide
- First make your ADB and Fastboot is installed on your PC
- Next, Copy the Sirius image boot.img file, ROM files (boot.img, system.img etc) to this Minimal ADB & Fastboot folder.
- Now connect your phone to your PC in fastboot mode.
To do so, turn off your Xperia Z2 completely. Now press and hold Volume Up and plug the data cable in. Your phone will be connected to your PC in fastboot mode.
- Then Open the ADB and Fastboot folder from program and open “Py_cmd.exe” file.
- Now in the command window input below commands
This will verify the connection of your device in fastboot mode.
fastboot flash [sirius]boot.img
(Replace sirius boot.img with the exact name of the sirius image file you have)
- Then reboot your device to recovery.To do so, turn off your phone completely. Now turn it on and see the purple LED, as soon as it blinks press the volume up or down key to boot into recovery.
- From recovery do a full factory reset
- Now again go to fastboot mode & connect your device to PC via USB
- Now give the following commands one by one
fastboot flash boot boot.img
(replace boot.img with the name of the boot.img that you have in ROM folder)
fastboot flash system system.img
fastboot flash [sirius]boot.img
(Replace sirius boot.img with the exact name of the sirius image file)
- Now your Xperia Z2 should have the latest AOSP android marshamallow ROM
- Now From Recovery Flash the Gapps Zip file
Rootmygalaxy a.k.a RMG was started in 2015 with a solo goal of Helping users with easy How-to guides. Slowly the website started sharing exclusive Leaks and Tech News. In these 5 years, we have been credited by the likes of Forbes, CNBC, Gizmodo, TechCrunch, Engadget, Android Authority, GSM Arena and many others. Want to know more about us? Check out our About Us page or connect with us Via Twitter, Facebook, Youtube or Telegram.