Android Oreo Open Beta 2 on OnePlus 5 – OnePlus 5 has got the new update which includes some major improvements and bug fixes. Android Oreo Open Beta 2 OTA update for OnePlus 5 fixes widget and shortcut issues in the OnePlus Launcher, improved UI of Camera, File manager now supports f4v video format, Speed improvements while deleting large files in file manager and system improvements like Improvements to Reading Mode, Improvements in vibration, Improvements in Bluetooth audio, Fixed Parallel apps bugs, Fixed reboot issue when using Picture in Picture, Updated Android security patch to November, General bug fixes and stability improvements. In common General bug fixes and system stability improvements are part of this update.
OnePlus has taken this OTA update game to another level. They are now very consistent in pushing out OTA updates for their flagship devices. While OnePlus 5T yet to taste Android Oreo even as the beta. And Stable Android Oreo for OnePlus 5 is planned to release bt end of the December or first half of January.
This update is rolled via OTA in selected regions only. You can manually check the latest update, Go To Settings > Software Update > Check for Updates. It will take few weeks to reach all corners of the world. So if you want to update your device to latest OxygenOs then Download and Install Android Oreo Open Beta 2 on OnePlus 5.
- Fixed widget issues
- Fixed shortcut issues
- UI Improvements
- Files Manager
- Added f4v format in video category
- Speed improvements while deleting massive files.
- Improvements to Reading Mode
- Improvements in vibration
- Improvements in Bluetooth audio
- Fixed Parallel apps bugs
- Fixed reboot issue when using Picture in Picture
- Updated Android security patch to November
- General bug fixes and stability improvements.
RootMyGalaxy.net is not responsible for any damage happened to your device(s) while following this guide, Proceed at your own risk.
- This Update is only for OnePlus 5 Smartphones.
- Follow the below Guide Exactly or else it may lead to brick your device. RootMyGalaxy.net is not responsible for any damage.
- We recommend to take complete backup and proceed.
- Maintain 50-60% battery to prevent sudden shutdown between the process.
Download Android Oreo Open Beta 2 on OnePlus 5
Steps to Install Android Oreo Open Beta 2 on OnePlus 5
- First, Enable “USB Debugging” on your OnePlus 5. Guide How to Enable Developer Options, USB Debugging and OEM Unlock on Android
- Now download and install adb drivers on your PC
- Install the OnePlus USB drivers On PC
- Download Open Beta 2 for OnePlus 5.
- Then, switch off your phone and reboot into recovery mode (To do that First Switch off your phone, Now press and hold volume down button + power button.)
- In recovery menu, choose “Install from adb,” tap on OK to confirm. You will see “You are in sideload mode” screen will be displayed.
- Now execute the following codes
- Now, Install Open Beta 2 on OnePlus 5 executing the following command.
adb sideload <finename>
- Wait until the installation process completes
And please remember to tell us about any bugs you may find using the bug report forums, found here. https://forums.oneplus.com/feedback/
Hope you found this article helpful. let us know your feedback on Android Oreo.:)
Rootmygalaxy a.k.a RMG was started in 2015 with a solo goal of Helping users with easy How-to guides. Slowly the website started sharing exclusive Leaks and Tech News. In these 5 years, we have been credited by the likes of Forbes, CNBC, Gizmodo, TechCrunch, Engadget, Android Authority, GSM Arena and many others. Want to know more about us? Check out our About Us page or connect with us Via Twitter, Facebook, Youtube or Telegram.