Follow the guide to Download, Install and Update AOSPExtended for Realme X (RMX1901). Realme X is a mid-range device from Realme with some existing features like SuperAMOLED screen and a pop-up camera. Due to the price the device became very popular among buyers and developers. The device has received many custom ROMs and now AOSPExtended ROM has made its way to the device.
The available ROM is in its development stage so there is a Hotspot related bug present in the ROM which can be fixed by following the guide. We can recommend users to try out the ROM on their device as it is stable enough to be used as a daily driver.
The available ROM name is Realme_X_AospExtended_19.10.6_Public_by_Art_Chen.zip. The ROM weighs in around 1.5 GB which is very large, so do use Wifi to avoid mobile data charges. The ROM is based on Google’s Android 9.0 Pie mobile OS.
- Cameras (both)
- HotSpot (Fix is given below)
- Goto twrp > Goto mount > Tick system and data
- Comeback goto advanced > Goto terminal > Type > /system/bin/fix_hotspot.sh
For more info about the ROM, please visit the Xda thread here[/note]
What is Custom ROMs On Android?
Custom ROMs are based on Official Android source codes which are customized or developed by developers or a community of developers. Custom ROMs come with loads of extra customizations which makes them unique and popular among the android lovers. Remember, Custom ROMs are not provided by Google or other mobile vendors but are developed and maintained by the community and its contributors.[note type=”important”]RootMyGalaxy.net is not responsible for any damage happened to your device(s) while following this guide so please proceed at your own risk. However, we would be happy to help with any problems within our reach[/note]
- Make sure the bootloader on your device is unlocked and your device is rooted and you have a custom recovery installed.
- Make sure your device has more than 50% battery.
- Make sure you have taken a backup of your important data. Now proceed To Install Lineage OS 15.1 On Realme X.
Download AOSPExtended for Realme XList of Best Custom ROM for Realme X [/note]
Steps To Install and Update AOSPExtended for Realme X (Android 9.0 Pie)
- Make sure your device is rooted and have the latest TWRP recovery installed. (Check the Pre-Requirement Section Above)
- First, download the files from the above link and extract them
- Now transfer the downloaded files to the internal storage of your device.
- Now reboot to the TWRP recovery by holding your power and volume down buttons together for a few seconds.
- Take a nandroid backup by selecting the option from the home screen and then your data and cache from the recovery menu.
- Now return to the main menu of TWRP and wipe cache, data, and system before flashing the ROM
- In order to Wipe data: Go to Wipe —> Advanced Wipe and select Dalvik/ART cache, cache, System, Vendor, and Data and then swipe to wipe. (Don’t select the internal storage)
- Now Return to the main menu of TWRP again and install the ROM which is just a system image.
- Go to Install -> Install Zip -> select the ROM Zip file
- Next flash the Gapps file like custom ROMs
- Last but not least, flash Magisk (optional) if you want to root (not recommended as all devices have different methods)
Once the flashing process is completed, reboot your phone and you will be booted into Aosp Extended Based on Android 9.0 Pie. If you have any doubts regarding this process, feel free to comment below.
Rootmygalaxy a.k.a RMG was started in 2015 with a solo goal of Helping users with easy How-to guides. Slowly the website started sharing exclusive Leaks and Tech News. In these 5 years, we have been credited by the likes of Forbes, CNBC, Gizmodo, TechCrunch, Engadget, Android Authority, GSM Arena and many others. Want to know more about us? Check out our About Us page or connect with us Via Twitter, Facebook, Youtube or Telegram.