Best thing of using an Android device is, you can customise it as you want. Android OS known and used widely by it’s easy to customisability. Doesn’t matter you and your friend have the same mobile, you can make different from his/her phone. You can use custom wallpaper, themes or widgets. But today I’ll tell you how to change boot animation of your phone.
When you power on or restart your device, the first thing you see is the screen with device brand name and logo, that is known as boot animation. Samsung uses the QMG format for the boot animation. This format is only used in Samsung devices which different format than Android’s default boot animation file. The QMG files are created using Qmage commercial software, so an average customer cannot use that software. But by following the below trick you can set custom boot animation on your Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge.
- Download Galaxy USB drivers and install on your computer.
- Enable USB debugging on your Galaxy S7 Edge.
- Your device should be rooted – Guide – Root Galaxy S7 and S7 Edge
- Backup your apps & data
- Charge your device to minimum 50-60% so that we can avoid interruptions in the procedure.
Steps to Add Custom Boot Animation in Galaxy S7 Edge
- First, download and install adb drivers on your PC.
- After ADB drivers installation, Go to ADB folder (C:\ADB). Open the command prompt by press and holding “Shift + right mouse click” then choose ‘Open command window here’. (Allow any request for superuser permission in your phone)
- Now execute the following commands
- To pull out the param.bin by executing following command which contains the splash logo
dd if=/dev/block/sda4 of=/sdcard/param.bin bs=4096
- We should create folder in main sd card
- Now you should enter into the created folder.
- Now untar the param.bin into created folder
tar xf /sdcard/param.bin
- If everything goes well you will see the folder called pharam in main sd card, this folder includes all bootloader images. You should just copy logo.jpg to your PC.
- Now edit the logo.jpg as you like. Keep in mind that background should be in black colour, do not change the file name and file size should not exceed 400KB.
- After editing is completed, save the edited log.jpg on main sd card.
- Now we have to paste it back in /sd card/param folder, and retar param.bin by executing the following commands.
cp -f /sdcard/logo.jpg /sdcard/param/logo.jpg rm -f /sdcard/param.bin cd sdcard/param tar cf - `ls | sort -t.` > /sdcard/param.bin
- The last step, we should set param.bin in the system by executing the command below.
dd if=/sdcard/param.bin of=/dev/block/sda4 bs=4096
- Done. Reboot your device to see new custom boot screen.
Hope you fond this article helpful. Share your custom boot screens in the comment section below.
Rootmygalaxy a.k.a RMG was started in 2015 with a solo goal of Helping users with easy How-to guides. Slowly the website started sharing exclusive Leaks and Tech News. In these 5 years, we have been credited by the likes of Forbes, CNBC, Gizmodo, TechCrunch, Engadget, Android Authority, GSM Arena and many others. Want to know more about us? Check out our About Us page or connect with us Via Twitter, Facebook, Youtube or Telegram.