In this guide, you will learn How to Install CM 13 ROM On LG G2 Android Marshmallow 6.0.There is an unofficial CyanogenMod 13 ROM available for LG G2.You can easily download and flash the ROM via Custom recovery.
LG G2 was launched back in 2013.Now it’s a 2 years Old phone, which means it’s not going to get any support (Official Updates) from the manufacturer.If you want to update your LG G2, then the only way is custom ROMs.You have to Flash Custom ROMs to get the latest Android on your device.
CM 13 For LG G3
Team CM hasn’t released any CyanogenMod 13 ROM yet but they have released it’s source code.Based on those source code many Developers have developed unofficial CM 13 ROMs for various android devices.We have already covered many devices.To check out the CM 13 ROM visit our CuyanogenMod category.Now LG G2 has joined the list.
There is an unofficial CyanogenMod 13 / CM 13 ROM available for LG G2.The ROM is developed by developer Rick Roll over at Xda.It is based on CM 13 source code (android Marshmallow 6.0).Remember this unofficial LG G2 CM13 ROM is currently an experimental build, so don’t expect it to be your daily driver yet.
There are no major bugs present but still we don’t recommend to use this as your daily driver for now.In future updates, everything will be fixed.But if you want to try out this ROM then just follow the guide below Install CM 13 ROM On LG G2 Android Marshmallow 6.0
- AT&T LG G2 D800
- T-Mobile LG G2 D801
- Europe LG G2 D802
- Canada LG G2 D803
- LG G2 D805 and D806
rootmygalaxy.net will not be held responsible for any kind of damage occurred to your LG G2 while following this tutorial.Do it at your own risk.
- Only for LG G2.So Don’t try on the device.
- Custom recovery (I recommend TWRP).
- Make sure you have a custom recovery (TWRP/CWM) Install On your Device.If you don’t have TWRP recovery On your phone then follow this guide to install TWRP–>>How to Install TWRP Recovery via Fastboot On Any Android Device
- Now from TWRP Recovery Take a full backup of your current ROM and files
→If you are interested to test this unofficial CM 13 ROM on your LG G2 then just follow the guide on How to Install CM 13 ROM On LG G2 Android Marshmallow 6.0 given below.
Download Bootstack for your G2 variant
How to Install CM 13 ROM On LG G2 Android Marshmallow 6.0
Step By Step Guide
- Download and transfer CM13 ROM, Bootstack and Marshmallow Gapps to your LG G2.
- Then Connect your device to PC and transfer the ROM and Gapps file to it. Disconnect the device then. Remember the location of the files on device.
- After that Boot, your LG G3 into recovery mode. If you are rooted, you can use Quick Boot app from play store.
- Do a Factory reset + Wipe cache & Dalvik cache from the recovery.
- Then First flash the BootStack For G2
- Once you Flashed Bootstack then follow this guide to Flash CM 13 ROM On LG G2 Android Marshmallow 6.0 –>>How to Install CM13 (CyanogenMod 13) Via TWRP Recovery
- Done!!!Now Enjoy Android 6.0 Marshmallow (CM 13) on your LG G2.
11 thoughts on “How to Install CM 13 ROM On LG G2 Android Marshmallow 6.0”
Did anyone try this rom i would like to use but i need some feedback? Is everything working ?
Check out the official Xda Post link is in the post for users feedback.
How do I flash the bootstack
Flash the Bootstack via recovery
Please explain in full
i have done the installation but wifi bluetooth not working and cant change the network to 3g
It is not an official Built so there may be few bugs present.But the developers are working hard to fix those issues.
Brother please help me out i am stuck at blank screen after following these process from different site where Bootstack wasn’t mentioned in procedure what should i do now? Even your link to bootstack isn’t working
Can you update boot-stack link ?
Not keeping your URLs alive is a big pet peeve of mine. If you won’t do it, take the article down please.
We don’t host the files on our server so we have to collect the info from the web.It is very difficult to get a working link.Most of the time after 3-4 months the download links don’t work.Still trying our best to update with new working links