In this guide, you will learn How to safely Download & Install CM13 ROM For LG G3 Android 6.0 Marshmallow.Yeah, there is an unofficial Cyanogenmod 13 (CM13) based on Android 6.0 Marshmallow released and you can easily download and install it on your LG G 3.
LG has already released Marshmallow update for their LG G4 and if you haven’t already updated then follow this guide Update LG G4 to Marshmallow Android 6.0 update with stock ROM 20A.We are not clear when LG G3 is going to get the Android 6.0 Marshmallow update.We think it will get the update in December or January 2016.
LG G3 is one of the most selling phones of 2014 and many people still using this as their daily driver.If you have an LG G3 then this guide is for you.LG G3 User now can enjoy Android Marshmallow on their LG G3 via an Unofficial CyanogenMod 13 (CM 13).
The Unofficial CM 13 is developed by Tim Klein.The ROM is functional (Some Variants) and some having booting issue.We recommend not to use this ROM as a daily driver and take a proper backup then try the ROM.Remember this is the first release of this unofficial CM 13 ROM for LG G3 so there are few bugs present and we are sure in future update everything will be fixed.So if you want to try out this Android 6.0 Marshmallow ROM on Your LG G3 then follow the Step By Step Guide below on How to safely Download & Install CM13 ROM For LG G3 Android 6.0 Marshmallow.
Official CM 13 ROM is now available for LG G3 Verizon Link below
rootmygalaxy.net will not be held responsible for any kind of damage occurred to your LG G3 while following this tutorial.Do it at your own risk.
- Only for LG G3.So Don’t try on other variants.
- Custom recovery (I recommend TWRP).
- Make sure you have a custom recovery (TWRP/CWM) Install On your Device.If you don’t have TWRP recovery On your phone then follow this guide to install TWRP–>>How to Install TWRP Recovery via Fastboot On Any Android Device
- Now from TWRP Recovery Take a full backup of your current ROM and files.
If you want to try this ROM then Follow the guide below on How to safely Download & Install CM13 ROM For LG G3 Android 6.0 Marshmallow
And Follow the guide to Install TWRP–>>How to Install TWRP Recovery via Fastboot On Any Android Device
How to safely Download & Install CM13 ROM For LG G3 Android 6.0 Marshmallow
Step By Step Guide
- First Of all, Download the CM 13 ROM for LG G3 and Gapps file from above links
- Then Connect your device to PC and transfer the ROM and Gapps file to it. Disconnect the device then. Remember the location of the files on device.
- After that Boot, your LG G3 into recovery mode. If you are rooted, you can use Quick Boot app from play store.
You will enter recovery mode soon, and should see TWRP recovery. If you see an Android with an exclamation mark, then you need to install TWRP recovery for this (linked above).
- Once in TWRP follow this guide to How to safely Download & Install CM13 ROM For LG G3 Android 6.0 Marshmallow–>>How to Install CM13 (CyanogenMod 13) Via TWRP Recovery
Done!!!Now your LG G3 should be running on CyanogenMod 13 (CM 13) based Android 6.0 Marshmallow