Download and Install Android Oreo 8.0 AOSP ROM On Redmi Note 3: Google launched the latest version of Android, Android Oreo 8.0 last week and currently developers are working hard to create a custom ROM based on AOSP for Android 8.0. Android Oreo comes with a lot of performance and stability improvements along with a few new features like notification badges, picture in picture mode and lock screen shortcuts.
Popular OEMs like Samsung and Xiaomi usually take longer than other manufacturers to release the software updates to their devices because they have to make it compatible to their exclusive OS. But Custom ROMs based on AOSP could be developed much faster because they are similar to the stock version of Android. The recent device to get an Android Oreo 8.0 based custom ROM is the Redmi Note 3.
The ROM is based on AOSP and it is still in the initial stages of development, so some features like VoLTE, hotspot, USB Tethering is not working properly and a few apps keep force closing. But according to the developer, WiFi, GPS and Camera works without any issues. Also, the ROM comes with an inbuilt Gapps package, so you don’t have to flash it separately. Follow the below steps to Install Android Oreo 8.0 AOSP ROM On Redmi Note 3.
Check Full Redmi Note 3 Custom ROMs List > [20+ ROMs] Xiaomi Redmi Note 3 Custom ROMs Collection (Marshmallow, Nougat and Oreo)[/mks_pullquote]
RootMyGalaxy.net is not responsible for any damage happened to your device(s) while following this guide, Proceed at your own risk.
- Download AOSP 8.0 Unofficial Port For Redmi Note 3 (Kenzo/Kate)
- Download Latest Gapps For Android Oreo | Android 8.0 GApps
How To Install Android Oreo 8.0 AOSP ROM on Xiaomi Redmi Note 3
- Make sure your device is rooted and have the latest TWRP recovery installed.
- First, download the files from the above links.
- Now transfer the downloaded files to the internal storage of your device.
- Now reboot to the TWRP recovery by holding your power and volume down buttons together for a few seconds.
- Take a backup by selecting the option from the home screen and then your data and cache from the recovery menu.
If you have any doubts regarding this process, feel free to comment below.
Rootmygalaxy a.k.a RMG was started in 2015 with a solo goal of Helping users with easy How-to guides. Slowly the website started sharing exclusive Leaks and Tech News. In these 5 years, we have been credited by the likes of Forbes, CNBC, Gizmodo, TechCrunch, Engadget, Android Authority, GSM Arena and many others. Want to know more about us? Check out our About Us page or connect with us Via Twitter, Facebook, Youtube or Telegram.