Unofficial Android 7.0 Nougat AOSP ROM now available for Samsung Galaxy Tab S.Follow the given guide to Download and Install AOSP Android 7.0 Nougat ROM On Galaxy Tab S.
This is the first tablet to get this unofficial Android 7.0 Nougat Update.There are some devices like Google Nexus 5, Nexus 4and Oneplus One which has received the unofficial AOSP Nougat 7.0 ROM, but for a tablet, this is a great news.If you own a Galaxy tab S and want to try out latest Android 7.0 Nougat, then you should try out this Custom AOSP ROM
Special thanks to XDA Senior Member malosasha for sharing the beta build of Android 7.0 AOSP ROM for Samsung Galaxy Tab S.Remember, this is in its initial stage so there are many bugs.This ROM can’t be used as daily driver.But in coming days the dev will fix all the bugs.But if you want to try out this ROM, follow the given steps carefully to Download and Install AOSP Android 7.0 Nougat ROM On Galaxy Tab S
This method only works on Galaxy Tab S (8.4/10.5 WiFi & LTE) with TWRP installed on it.If you have Samsung Galaxy Tab S with TWRP recovery then you can flash the AOSP ROM via TWRP recovery just like any other custom ROMs.Follow the given guide to Download and Install AOSP Android 7.0 Nougat ROM On Galaxy Tab S.This will Update Samsung Galaxy Tab S to Android 7.0 Nougat
rootmygalaxy.net will not be held responsible for any kind of damage occurred to your device while following this tutorial.Do it at your own risk.
- Make sure there is at least 60% battery left on your smartphone before begin.
- Make sure you have a custom recovery (TWRP/CWM) Install On your device.We recommend TWRP Recovery.
- Now from TWRP Recovery →Take a proper Nandroid backup so that you can restore anytime you need. Guide > How To Create & Restore Nandroid Backup On Android Devices
- Download AOSP Nougat ROM For Galaxy Tab S (aosp_chagalllte-userdebug-20161116.zip)
HOW TO FLASH / INSTALL AOSP Android 7.0 Nougat ROM On Galaxy Tab S
- Download the Android 7.0 Nougat AOSP ROM and Gapps For Galaxy Tab S from the download section
- Connect your Tablet to the PC and transfer the ROM and Gapps to the internal memory of your device(remember the location)
- Now boot your device into recovery mode.Guide How To to Boot Into Recovery Mode On Android (Various Ways)
- Now follow this guide to Flash AOSP Android 7.0 Nougat ROM On Galaxy Tab S How To Install A Custom ROM Via Recovery On Any Android
- After Flashing theROM, now Flash the Gapps.Guide How To Flash Gapps Using TWRP Recovery
- Done!!!Now reboot your device from TWRP recovery (TWRP Recovery main menu >> Reboot System)
- Your Galaxy Tab S should be updated to Android 7.0 Nougat.
If you have any question related to this post, feel free to leave that in the comment section 🙂
Source: Development Page