Download and Install Havoc OS Pie ROM On LG V20 (GSI) | Android 9.0: Now, the Android 9.0 Pie version can be installed on the smartphone via the Havoc OS ROM which is a custom ROM that is very close to stock and it is based on AOSP. Talking about the Android 9.0 Pie update for Android, this version has been released by Google and the final stable update has been rolled out by Google to the Pixel devices as well as some newer project treble supported devices.
Another Android 9.0 Pie based GSI ROM made available for project trebled devices. The ROM is called Havoc OS. The current Version is Havoc V2 GSI 20181027. The new update added many important features like more network modes support to LTE tile, a One-handed mode in button actions, option to select Default GPU renderer, Battery percent on lock screen and many more.
LG V20 was the flagship device of 2016 hence it has all the top end specifications and features for that time. It comes equipped with a 5.70-inch touchscreen display with a resolution of 1440 pixels by 2560 pixels at a PPI of 513 pixels per inch. It is powered by a 1.6GHz quad-core Qualcomm MSM8996 Snapdragon 820 processor and it comes with 4GB of RAM. The phone packs 32GB of internal storage that can be expanded up to 2000GB via a microSD card. The phone sports a 6-megapixel primary camera on the rear and a 5-megapixel front shooter for selfies. The LG V20 runs Android 7.0 and is powered by a 3200mAh removable battery.
We would like to thank mountaser halak, Senior Member over Xda for developing and sharing the Android 9.0 Pie-based Havoc OS ROM For LG V20. According to the developer, the ROM is very stable and can be used as a daily driver. Now follow the guide to Install Havoc OS Pie ROM On LG V20 (Android 9.0). If you want more information about the ROM, then please visit the official Xda thread here
- System-wide Rounded UI
- Full OMS support
- System-wide burn-in protection
- Spectrum support
- Compiled using SDCLANG
- Razer Phone lock/unlock sounds
- OTA support
- Signature spoofing
- Micro-G support
- Google Calculator
- Google Markup
- Lean Launcher
- Make sure the bootloader on your device is unlocked and your device is rooted and you have a custom recovery installed.
- Make sure your device has more than 50% battery.
- Make sure you have taken a backup of your important data. Now proceed To Install Havoc OS Pie ROM On your Moto
RootMyGalaxy.net is not responsible for any damage happened to your device(s) while following this guide, proceed at your own risk.
- Download For GSI V20: Xda Thread
- Download Official GApps For Havoc OS Pie ROM ROMs
- Download latest Magisk supports Android Pie | Android 8.0 (If you want root access)
Steps To Install Havoc OS Pie ROM On LG V20 | Android 9.0 Pie Update (GSI)
- Make sure your device is rooted and have the latest TWRP recovery (Version 3.2.1 or Higher) installed. (Check the Pre-Requirement Section Above)
- First, download the files from the above link and extract them
- Now transfer the downloaded files to the internal storage of your device.
- Now reboot to the TWRP recovery
- Take a nandroid backup by selecting the option from the home screen and then your data and cache from the recovery menu.
- Now return to the main menu of TWRP and wipe cache, data, and system before flashing the ROM
- In order to Wipe data: Go to Wipe —> Advanced Wipe and select Dalvik/ART cache, cache, System, Vendor, and Data and then swipe to wipe. (Don’t select the internal storage)
- Now Return to the main menu of TWRP again and install the GSI ROM which is just a system image.
- Go to Install -> Install Image -> select system.img
- Next flash the Gapps file like custom ROMs
- Last but not least, flash Magisk (optional) if you want to root (not recommended as all devices have different methods)
Using ADB and fastboot
- Download and install ADB and fastboot on your PC.
- Now transfer the file (GSI system .img) to the ADB folder
- Connect your device to PC and boot your device into bootloader mode.
- Now Open command windows there or Windows power shell and issue the following command
"fastboot flash system <image name>.img"
Once the flashing process is completed, reboot your phone and you will be booted into Havoc OS ROM Based on Android 9.0 Pie. If you have any doubts regarding this process, feel free to comment below.
Rootmygalaxy a.k.a RMG was started in 2015 with a solo goal of Helping users with easy How-to guides. Slowly the website started sharing exclusive Leaks and Tech News. In these 5 years, we have been credited by the likes of Forbes, CNBC, Gizmodo, TechCrunch, Engadget, Android Authority, GSM Arena and many others. Want to know more about us? Check out our About Us page or connect with us Via Twitter, Facebook, Youtube or Telegram.