In this guide, you will be able to learn How to Download and Install Official CM 14.1 on Redmi 1S (Android 7.1 Nougat): The Xiaomi Redmi 1S is one of the most exciting devices till date. Released over two years ago, the Redmi 1S still has potential to rock as some people’s daily driver smartphone of choice. No wonder the Redmi 1S didn’t get any updates from the official Chinese vendor, MiUI.
The problem with Xiaomi is its sick MiUI skin on top of Android. Even though Xiaomi devices running MiUI have gotten updates up till Android Nougat, one cannot differentiate between the versions thanks to the same persistent look of the ugly skin. While there might be cool features in the smartphones running MiUI, the looks and feels are just way too ugly. Well, the Redmi 1S suffers from just that!
Supported Devices: This guide is only for the Redmi 1S. Flashing it on any other device of other model will brick it.
RootMyGalaxy.net is not responsible for any hardware/software issues that occur to your device(s) by following this guide. We are certain that the following guide is carefully written, avoiding any mistakes on our side. If you are unsure of the causalities that may occur if the procedure goes wrong, then please don’t proceed.
- This guide is for the Redmi 1S only.
- A complete nandroid backup of your device is recommended, in case something goes wrong.Guide How To Create & Restore Nandroid Backup On Android Devices
- Make sure your device is charged at least upto 60%, to prevent unexpected shutdowns in the process.
- Before you begin with the tutorial, make sure that ‘USB Debugging‘ is enabled from Settings > Developer Options.
CyanogenMod 14.1 For Redmi 1S→ Download Link
└download the latest built according to date
HOW TO DOWNLOAD AND INSTALL OFFICIAL CM 14.1 ON Redmi 1S (Android 7.1)
- Download the CM 14.1 ROM file as well as the GApps file, and transfer it onto your Redmi 1S using your data cable.
- Reboot your Redmi 1S into the recovery mode. Guide How To to Boot Into Recovery Mode On Android (Various Ways)
- Now, follow this in-depth guide to Flash Official CM 14.1 on Redmi 1S How to Install CM14 (CyanogenMod 14) Via Custom Recovery
- Once done, follow this definite guide to flash GApps Download & Install Gapps For CM14 / CM14.1 ROMs
- Return back to the TWRP menu, and reboot your device.
Good going! You’ve now learnt How to Download and Install Official CM 14.1 on Redmi 1S. If you have any queries, feel free to hit us down in the comments section below. Also, we would love to hear what’s your favorite feature in the newest build on CyanogenMod 14.1 built off of Android 7.1 Nougat!
1 thought on “Download and Install Official CM 14.1 on Redmi 1S”
Visit CM14.1 Android Nougat For Redmi 1s Armani Android 7.1 Nougat [23/12/2016] http://kennycheaters.blogspot.co.id/2016/12/cm141-android-nougat-for-redmi-1s.html