Now Unofficial CyanogenMod 14 a.k.a CM14 is available for the original Motorola Moto X 2013.This guide will help you Download & Flash/ Install CM14 Nougat ROM On Moto X 2013 codenamed ghost Android 7.0.It is a very easy, safe and simple process.Just follow the given steps to update your Moto X 1st generation to latest Android 7.0 Nougat via Unofficial CyanogenMod 14 Custom ROM.
Moto X 2013 is a 3-year-old device and it is not going to get the latest Nougat 7.0 update officially so users have to fully depend on the third party Nougat ROMs.Moto X 2013 users have to flash third party Custom ROMs to get the latest android on their devices.But we have a great news for all Moto X (1st Gen.) users.After Moto X 2nd Gen[icon name=”external-link-square” class=”” unprefixed_class=””], Moto X 2013 also received the unofficial CM14 ROM.
As I mentioned before, It is an unofficial ROM.It is shared by Megatron007, a senior Xda Dev.The ROM is it is in its development stage and has loads of bugs.This is the first release of this unofficial CM14 ROM For the Moto X 2013 and we are sure in future update everything will be fixed.Follow the guide carefully to Flash / Install CM14 Nougat ROM On Moto X 2013 Android 7.0
This ROM is an unofficial ROM and not developed by team CM.The ROM is based on latest Android 7.0 Nougat source code.It is a very clean and close to stock ROM with some extra useful features like previous CyanogeMod ROMs.If you really want to experience the latest Android 7.0 Nougat On your Moto X 2013 then flash this ROM.Remember, this ROM can’t be used as a daily driver.We will be sharing Full step by step guide to Flash / Install CM14 Nougat ROM On Moto X 2013 Android 7.0 (Unofficial )
Supported Devices: This guide is only for Moto X (1st Gen-2013 model). So don’t try on other Devices
*Make sure there is at least 80% battery left on your smartphone before begin.
→Take a proper Nandroid backup so that you can restore anytime you need.Guide > How To Create & Restore Nandroid Backup On Android Devices
rootmygalaxy.net will not be held responsible for any kind of damage occurred to your Moto X (1st Gen) while following this tutorial.Do it at your own risk.
- Make sure your device’s bootloader is unlocked.
- Make sure you have a custom recovery (TWRP/CWM) Install On your device.We recommend TWRP Recovery.
- Now from TWRP Recovery Take a full backup of your current ROM and files.
→ Safely Flash CM14 Nougat ROM On Moto X 2013 Android 7.0
CyanogenMod 14 (Unofficial) For Moto X (2013)→ Download Link / Original Development Page
HOW TO FLASH / INSTALL CM14 NOUGAT ROM ON MOTO X 2013 ANDROID 7.0 (UNOFFICIAL )
Step By Step Guide
*First read Pre-Requirement section carefully, then follow the given steps to Flash Unofficial CM14 Nougat ROM On Moto X 2013 Android 7.0.
- Download both Un-Official CM14 For Moto X (2013) and Gapps Zip file from the download section above
- Now Connect your Moto X (2013) device to your Pc via provided USB cable
- Then Copy both downloaded files to the internal memory of your Moto X (2013) and remember the location of the files
- Now reboot your device to Recovery mode.Guide > How To to Boot Into Recovery Mode On Android (Various Ways)
- Now follow this guide to Flash The CM14 Nougat ROM On Moto X (2nd Gen) Android 7.0. –>>How to Install CM14 (CyanogenMod 14) Via Custom Recovery
- Then Install Gapps.Guide > How To Download & Install CyanogenMod 14 Gapps
- Then return to the TWRP main menu and reboot system
→ If you want to enable root access on CyanogenMod 14 then follow this guide–>>How to Enable Root Access on CM14
If you have any questions related to this post feel free to ask in the comment section. 🙂
Rootmygalaxy a.k.a RMG was started in 2015 with a solo goal of Helping users with easy How-to guides. Slowly the website started sharing exclusive Leaks and Tech News. In these 5 years, we have been credited by the likes of Forbes, CNBC, Gizmodo, TechCrunch, Engadget, Android Authority, GSM Arena and many others. Want to know more about us? Check out our About Us page or connect with us Via Twitter, Facebook, Youtube or Telegram.