How To Update Moto Z2 Force To OCX27.138-29 Oreo Update [OTA]: Attention all Moto Z2 force users! As most of you might have already heard, Motorola has begun released the latest update for all Moto Z2 force smartphones. This new firmware is going to be based on Android 8.0 Oreo and it will come with the build number OCX27.138-29. This new update will also update the security patch level to March 2018. Other than these features, the new attraction of this update is that it will bump of the OS version to Android 8.0 Oreo.
This new firmware update is being released worldwide via OTA (over-the-air) as we speak. This file is large in size so it is recommended that you connect to a fast Wi-Fi network before you download the OTA update. This new update is being released in a phase-wise manner so it might take some time before it is sent out to all corners of the world.
If you have not yet received the official update yet you want to download this update then this can be done manually. You can manually download this update and then install it easily. All that you need to do is follow this step-by-step guide mentioned below.
- This tutorial is only for Moto Z2 Force so it is recommended you do not try this with any other model.
- You need to enable USB Debugging on your device and have Motorola USB Drivers installed.
- Have a backup of all your data in case anything goes wrong.
- Make sure that your device has more than 50% battery percentage.
RootMyGalaxy.net is not responsible for any hardware/software issues that occur to your device(s) by following this guide. We are certain that the following guide is carefully written, avoiding any mistakes on our side. If you are unsure of the causalities that may occur if the procedure goes wrong, then please don’t proceed.
Steps To Update Moto Z2 Force To OCX27.138-29 Oreo Update [OTA]
- Download and install ADB on your laptop or PC.
- Copy the OTA zip file to the installation directory.
- Now, boot your device into Recovery by going to Fastboot -> Recovery -> Stock Recovery.
- Select Apply Update through ADB and open it on your PC.
- Now, connect your device to the PC via the USB cable.
- Perform ADB sideload OTA firmware filename.zip.
- Now, press enter and wait for it to start.
- Wait patiently until the installation completes and then reboot the device