In this guide, you will be able to learn How to Download and Install Official CM 14.1 on HTC A9 (Android 7.1 Nougat): The HTC A9 was a hit or a miss smartphone by HTC this year. Imitated highly from Apple’s iPhone design, the HTC A9 had many mixed reviews, some people loved it while many criticized it. Therefore, none can be said about the upcoming Nougat update for the device.
While we’re sure it will eventually roll out for the HTC A9, nothing can be said too seriously about the Taiwanese company. The thing with HTC is the lack of software and security updates. While HTC’s Sense UI might be beloved by some, the lack of new updates just makes it really slow and sluggish.
Supported Devices: This guide is only for the HTC A9. Flashing it on any other device of other model will brick it.
RootMyGalaxy.net is not responsible for any hardware/software issues that occur to your device(s) by following this guide. We are certain that the following guide is carefully written, avoiding any mistakes on our side. If you are unsure of the causalities that may occur if the procedure goes wrong, then please don’t proceed.
- This guide is for the HTC A9 only.
- A complete nandroid backup of your device is recommended, in case something goes wrong.Guide How To Create & Restore Nandroid Backup On Android Devices
- Make sure your device is charged at least upto 60%, to prevent unexpected shutdowns in the process.
- Before you begin with the tutorial, make sure that ‘USB Debugging‘ is enabled from Settings > Developer Options.
CyanogenMod 14.1 For HTC A9→ Download Link
└download the latest built according to date
HOW TO DOWNLOAD AND INSTALL OFFICIAL CM 14.1 ON HTC A9 (Android 7.1)
- Download the CM 14.1 ROM file as well as the GApps file, and transfer it onto your HTC A9 using your data cable.
- Reboot your HTC A9 into the recovery mode. Guide How To to Boot Into Recovery Mode On Android (Various Ways)
- Now, follow this in-depth guide to Flash Official CM 14.1 on HTC A9 How to Install CM14 (CyanogenMod 14) Via Custom Recovery
- Once done, follow this definite guide to flash GApps Download & Install Gapps For CM14 / CM14.1 ROMs
- Return back to the TWRP menu, and reboot your device.
Good going! You’ve now learnt How to Download and Install Official CM 14.1 on HTC A9. If you have any queries, feel free to hit us down in the comments section below. Also, we would love to hear what’s your favorite feature in the newest build on CyanogenMod 14.1 built off of Android 7.1 Nougat!
Rootmygalaxy a.k.a RMG was started in 2015 with a solo goal of Helping users with easy How-to guides. Slowly the website started sharing exclusive Leaks and Tech News. In these 5 years, we have been credited by the likes of Forbes, CNBC, Gizmodo, TechCrunch, Engadget, Android Authority, GSM Arena and many others. Want to know more about us? Check out our About Us page or connect with us Via Twitter, Facebook, Youtube or Telegram.