Learn How to Download and Install Official CM 14.1 on LG G3 (CyanogenMod 14.1 / Android 7.1 Nougat):The LG G3 still is, undoubtedly the company’s most famous flagship, right after the success of its younger brother – the LG G2. It is true that LG has gotten low in terms of sales these past years, and that’s because nothing could recreate an exciting flagship like the original LG G3. It had one of the best build around, the power and volume keys to the back which was a really ergonomic design, and a beast of a camera.
However, as it is the universal truth, no smartphone OEM is perfect. The thing that LG does so wrong is software optimization. Even the newer LG devices like the LG G5 and the LG V20 are suffering from the same issue. While they have a rock-solid build, great internals, a beast of a camera as always, and exciting features like the secondary-display and dual cameras, they are still sluggish with their laggy LG UX skin on top of Android.
Very recently, Cyanogen announced the debut of their newest build of ROMs – CyanogenMod 14.1. CM 14.1 is built off of Android Nougat 7.1, which is even more newer than most of the official firmwares out there. Good for you, many devices have received the CM 14.1 official update, and the LG G3 is one of them!
Since this is an official nightly build, you will be getting OTAs every single day, however, we cannot promise that this ROM is a 100% stable. Cyanogen has itself mentioned that many new features are yet to come, but for the most part, they have eliminated almost all the bugs, so this ROM should be pretty stable for a daily driver. In this in-depth guide, we will be learning How to Download and Install Official CM 14.1 on LG G3.
Supported Devices: This guide is only for the LG G3 (D855). Flashing it on any other device of other model will brick it.
RootMyGalaxy.net is not responsible for any hardware/software issues that occur to your device(s) by following this guide. We are certain that the following guide is carefully written, avoiding any mistakes on our side. If you are unsure of the causalities that may occur if the procedure goes wrong, then please don’t proceed.
- This guide is for the LG G3 only.
- A complete nandroid backup of your device is recommended, in case something goes wrong.
- Make sure your device is charged at least upto 60%, to prevent unexpected shutdowns in the process.
- Before you begin with the tutorial, make sure that ‘USB Debugging‘ is enabled from Settings > Developer Options.
CyanogenMod 14.1 For LG G3 → Download Link
└download the latest built according to date
Download & Install Gapps For CM14 / CM14.1 ROMs → Download Link
How to Install Official CM 14.1 On LG G3 (CyanogenMod 14.1)
- Download the CM 14.1 ROM file as well as the GApps file, and transfer it onto your LG G3 using your data cable.
- Reboot your LG G3 into the recovery mode. Guide [icon name=”hand-o-right” class=”” unprefixed_class=””] How To to Boot Into Recovery Mode On Android (Various Ways)
- Now, follow this in-depth guide to learn flash Official CM 14.1 on LG G3.Guide [icon name=”hand-o-right” class=”” unprefixed_class=””] How to Install CM14 (CyanogenMod 14) Via Custom Recovery
- Once done, follow this definite guide to flash GApps [icon name=”hand-o-right” class=”” unprefixed_class=””] Download & Install Gapps For CM14 / CM14.1 ROMs.
- Return back to the TWRP menu, and reboot your device.
Good going! You’ve now learnt How to Download and Install Official CM 14.1 on LG G3. If you have any queries, feel free to hit us down in the comments section below. Also, we would love to hear what’s your favorite feature in the newest build on CyanogenMod 14.1 built off of Android 7.1 Nougat!
[symple_box color=”gray” fade_in=”false” float=”center” text_align=”left” width=””]Lastly, you can refer to this article to find out which devices have gotten the official CM 14.1 update till now [icon name=”hand-o-right” class=”” unprefixed_class=””] Official CyanogenMod 14.1 Nightly Released (Download) [/symple_box]
Rootmygalaxy a.k.a RMG was started in 2015 with a solo goal of Helping users with easy How-to guides. Slowly the website started sharing exclusive Leaks and Tech News. In these 5 years, we have been credited by the likes of Forbes, CNBC, Gizmodo, TechCrunch, Engadget, Android Authority, GSM Arena and many others. Want to know more about us? Check out our About Us page or connect with us Via Twitter, Facebook, Youtube or Telegram.